NBS Bank Plc
NBS Bank Plc invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the following vacancies tenable at the Bank’s Head Office in Blantyre.
HEAD OF TREASURY AND GLOBAL MARKETS
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate’s responsibility will be to direct the overall performance, control and management of all liquidity, funding and trading risk for the bank and manage the marketing of all dealing room products to corporate/institutional customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, among other responsibilities:
- Participate in the annual identification and development of the long- and short-term Strategy and Business Plan for Treasury and Global Markets Department
- Generate revenue in line with the Bank’s strategy through competitive pricing in both foreign exchange and money markets.
- Champion development of a diversified funding base while providing protection against unexpected fluctuation in funding
- Ensure and assure that the Bank has sufficient liquidity to meet its legal obligation by meeting depositors’ requirements to withdraw their funds from the bank and for loans from its creditors in a timely way within the regulatory framework of RBM and the Bank’s Strategy.
- Ensure that the Bank is able to grow its clientele in close liaison with Heads of Corporate and Retail Banking by developing tailor made products. This is done by cultivation of a deeper relationship with clients.
- Prepare strategic plan and budget for the department in line with the Bank’s overall strategy to ensure that the Bank optimizes on foreign exchange. Money Market and Liquidity Management.
- Ensure that Treasury and Global Markets department functions with a clear governance structure and that policy documents guiding the operations of Treasury and Global Markets Department are approved by Asset and Liability Management Committee and the Board.
- Manage Counter-party Market and Liquidity risks of the Bank in line with the risk appetite of the Bank (i.e. management of Liquidity risk. Interest rate risk, Foreign exchange risk, Counter-party risk. Country risk and Economic risk of the Bank in line with the bank’s risk appetite
- Provide overall management of treasury sales and dealing staff and ensure adequate on the job and professional training for all Treasury and Global Markets staff.
- Ensure that all Treasury systems are in place for smooth operations of all Treasury operations.
- Entrench a risk management culture by proactively managing counter-party risk, Market and Liquidity risks of the Bank.
- Accountable for managing the treasury budget for income versus expense management against the plan.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Banking, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or equivalent
- ACI Dealing Certificate is a must qualification for this job
- MBA, ACCa, CIMA, CFA qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience in a treasury banking environment including marketing or trading of treasury and fixed income products, 4 of which should be at Managerial level
- Ability to lead, manage and develop staff and employees
- Ability to identify, communicate and ensure implementation of the agreed business objectives for the relevant unit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and able to clearly present complex situations
- Ability to plan and organise medium to long term ahead
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems to achieve the correct outcomes
- Sound business acumen, resourceful and be a lateral thinker
- Ability to negotiate, interact and achieve targets
- Financial and Analytical skills
- Customer Relationship Management
Method Of Application
Candidates meeting the above minimum requirements and are interested in the job should send their applications and up-dated CVs with names of three (3) traceable and reputable referees, and copies of certificates, to the following address:
Head of Human Resources
NBS Bank Plc
P.O. Box 32251
Chichiri, Blantyre 3
Or alternatively, send your application to email@example.com
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 10th March 2023. Only short-listed applicants shall be acknowledged