The Lilongwe Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosurgery (LION) is an autonomous not-for-profit institution managed by the LION Trust. LION functions as the orthopedic and neurosurgical department of Kamuzu Central Hospital and provide quality public and paying services in trauma, orthopedics, neurosurgery, with the goal of reducing the high level of disability and its economic impact on the people of Malawi, on the individual and on community level.
LION invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of
Head of Security
Period: Two (2) years, subject to extension
Responsible to: Facility and Maintenance Director
The Head of Security will be responsible for overseeing and managing all security aspects of LION hospital. This includes developing, implementing, and maintaining security policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure the safety and protection of LION hospital employees, assets, and facilities. He/she will lead and supervise a team of security personnel and work closely with other departments and external partners to ensure security and safety of LION hospital and its employees.
Specific Duties include but not limited to:
- Ensuring that LION hospital security policies and procedures are up-to-date and that all employees and contractors are made aware of and comply with those policies and procedures
- Leading and managing a team of security personnel and contractors, including assisting recruitment, training, and supervision of security staff
- Overseeing the day-to-day security operations of LION hospital, including monitoring security systems and equipment. Works closely with other departments, such as HR and IT, to ensure that security policies and procedures are integrated into LION’s overall operations
- Identifying, assessing, and managing security risks to LION hospital and its employees, assets, and facilities. He/she will develop and implement security plans to mitigate these risks
- Regularly reporting or presenting about LION security status to senior management and provide security advice and guidance.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management
Qualification and experience
- Minimum Diploma in Security management from a reputable institution or its equivalent
- Two-year experience in a busy environment
- Those who served in Malawi police Service or Military will have an added advantage.
Skills and Abilities
- Leadership skills
- Organization skills
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
- Physically fit for the position
- Self-discipline and control
Method Of Application
PLEASE YOUR APPLICATIONS TO:
The Human Resource Director
P.O Box 31653
Deadline for receiving applications: January 19, 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged