Head of Sales
Multichoice Malawi is looking for a suitably qualified person to fill up the vacant position of Head of Sales.
The Head of Sales will be based at Lilongwe Office. He/she will be reporting to the Managing Director.
Job Purpose: To implement and meet DSTV and GOtv business plan targets by generating customer sales. The role is responsible for sales pricing, planning, operational forecasting, partner management and subsidy spend, manage the sales teams and provide day-to-day leadership.
- Use customer insights to identify and support the execution of sales strategies
- Strategically balance the GOtv and DStv portfolios. Grow the pie and ensure the sales
ecosystem is correctly set up for success (commissions, resourcing, training etc.)
- Setting revenue and sales unit targets for members of the sales teams in each region
- Identifying key areas of improvements in the sales process
- Monthly reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances
- Effectively work with Supply Chain and Stock controllers to ensure operational efficiency
- Negotiate with key stakeholders to ensure the development and growth of the channels
- Manage the Channels and build sales plans from sell-in to customer warehouse, sell-
through to customer stores and sell-out to consumers to maintain optimal stock cover
levels throughout the sales channel
- Manage channel specific promotional activities including in-store displays and outside activations
- Understand customer patterns and market behaviour in order to define data and forecasting strategies to increase profitability through improved targeted sales strategies
- Develop and manage a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching
- Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in business administration or sales and marketing leadership roles
- Strong financial acumen and experience in channel partner management
- Deep sales and distribution knowledge.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application letter with a detailed CV and proof
of qualifications, with at least three traceable references to: email@example.com Or
Human Resources Manager
PO Box 801
Closing date for receiving applications is 20th September 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org