Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO)
Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is ‘A Malawian populace that enjoys good quality of life be it physical, mental and social wellbeing’ and its Mission is ‘to provide high quality HIV and AIDS and other health related services to the Malawian population.
With funding from CDC, I-TECH Lighthouse Trust (LHT), Elizabeth Glazer Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), FHI360 and World Education Inc. (Bantwana) MACRO is implementing projects aimed at Achieving HIV Epidemic Control Through Quality HIV Testing Services amongst the general public, Key Populations (KP); Orphaned and Vulnerable Children (OVC); and Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) across all districts in Malawi. In order to efficiently and effectively execute its mandate, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to the position as listed below:
Role: Head of Programs
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Head of Programs will provide strategic direction on programs based on goals and objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides technical leadership in MACRO’s program related services delivery, which includes:
- Facilitates the preparation of quarterly, annual work plans and budgets
- Manages budget implementation and Controls expenditure of resources
- Ensures efficient and economic use of project resources whether human, material, financial or otherwise
- Coordinates preparation of progress reports (Monthly, Quarterly and Annual)
- Documents and disseminates project best practices
- Coordinates MACRO’s programme activities
- Coordinates supportive supervisory visits by drawing calendar of events and providing technical support
- Provides technical advice to MACRO’s Project managers through sharing insight and good judgement
- Identifies corrective measures where discrepancies are identified with the assistance of other managers.
- Identifies potential funding opportunities and coordinates preparation of project proposals and fundraising initiatives
- Develops resource mobilization strategies for easy identification of resources to fund the running of organization activities
- Assists in guiding and directing implementation of MACRO’s strategic Objectives.
- Ensures that MACRO’s current activities are in line with MACRO’s current policies.
- Assists in managing conflict between members of staff through mediation, conciliation and arbitration
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health related field with a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Project Management
- Five years’ proven experience of working at a senior level in the field of healthcare, project design, administration, management and implementation in NGO setting
- Conversant with current HIV Testing and Case Management National Guidelines
- Experience in KP, PP, AGYW programming is an added advantage
- Strong experience in providing mentorship and technical assistance
- Self-motivated and demonstrated success in building effective programs in resource-limited settings
- Experience of managing PEPFAR grants is an added advantage
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills including donor reports
- Excellent collaboration skills in a teamwork environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Project Management skills
- Ability to adapt and work under pressure
Method Of Application
All interested applicants for the above positions are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to: email@example.com
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 31 May, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org