FMBcapital Holdings Plc
Head of Products and Payments First Capital Bank Malawi
Applications are invited from suitably qualiﬁed candidates to ﬁll the position of Head of Products and Payments, tenable at Head Office, Blantyre, Malawi.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will drive the total product strategy including design, development and deployment into market. This will include the strategic development of customer value propositions, product, digital solution innovation, and revenue model implementation. This will ultimately lead to the development and execution of a new ecosystem for First Capital Bank in Malawi.
This position requires a very experienced Banking Product and Payments Manager – an authority in their field to help drive the department in conjunction with the Malawi Exco and the Group Product Team
· Manage a team of diverse product and customer specialists across multiple segments.
· Continuous review and analysis of data to identify strategic initiatives.
· Own profit and loss – end to end.
· Develop and implement the product (physical and digital) and customer value propositions roadmap for Malawi.
· Review and assess Technology, Products and practices (world best practice and best in class Banks) and develop new products, processes and revenue streams (both new as well as augmenting existing) that are relevant to our markets.
· Review (through data analytics) products, competitiveness, pricing, promotion, brand and communication in the Malawi market and ensuring that there is complete alignment with the strategy and a 360-degree approach.
· Knowledge of world best practice technology that drives product, digital and customer ecosystems.
· Knowledge of traditional banking products across personal and corporate segments.
· Knowledge of banking and telecoms digital service products.
· Knowledge of digital payment platforms, products and services.
· Project and change management capability.
Qualifications and Requirements
· A degree in Engineering, Business, Strategy, or Information Technology.
· At least 5 years and above experience at Executive level in a Telecoms and/or Banking.
· Exposure to product and digital offerings. International/Regional experience.
· Experience in setting up new businesses in different geographies.
· Experience with digital banking technical operations.
Client Value Propositions Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualiﬁed candidates to ﬁll the position of Client Value Propositions Manager tenable at Head Office.
Reporting to the Head of Products and Payments, the successful candidate will be responsible for all Product enhancements in liaison with the product owners and creating value propositions for customers in various segments.
· Act as a liaison between First Capital Bank sales and bank’s partners to identify opportunities for product, program, and partner alignment improvements.
· Lead in development/enhancements of products and solutions.
· Take a key lead on innovation for all Bank products.
· Assist First Capital Bank sales with field alignment and account mapping within assigned territory.
· Facilitate trainings for assigned territory on bank’s products, services, and programs.
· Understand the market trends and specific needs of assigned segment and/or region as well as be able to identify and communicate wins/challenges of the business internally and externally
· Suggest product ideas/enhancements or feature requests that will better serve our customers
· Risk management & controls
· Innovative and creative
· Customer focused
Good understanding of IT systems
· Planning and organizing skills
Qualifications and Requirements
· A degree in Business or equivalent
· Digital Certification
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related field
· Project management experience
· Experience with digital banking technical operations