FMBcapital Holdings Plc
The FMBcapital Group has consolidated its position as a leading regional commercial bank and its growing SADC footprint serves the cross-border banking needs of businesses operating in the sub-Sahara region.
FMBcapital Group supports and leads First Capital Bank in five countries: Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, Botswana, and Zimbabwe.
Head of International Consumer Remittances (IMT)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Head of International Consumer Remittances (IMT) at FMBCH Group within the Product and Channels team. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
FMBCH is committed to achieving their strategic vision “Growth is our Business”
Reporting to the Group Chief Revenue Officer, the position holder will be responsible for the product strategy, creation, execution, and expansion of international money transfers business across the group’s countries. The selected candidate will be tasked with setting up the business and creating a high performing multi country IMT team. The candidate will have in depth knowledge on the requirements for integrating the IMT business with existing and new software digital channels and operations. The incumbent will interact regularly with the regulator, various partners and hubs serving different corridors to ensure sustained growth while managing the contractual obligations and pricing. The incumbent will also ensure additional and adequate ongoing strategic and tactical focus on the proper execution of the overall IMT strategy.
Full vertical profitability responsibilities and ownership will be required to deliver the successful business for the FMBCH Group of SADC based banks.
** Some travel may be required.
- Develop and manage the overall Consumer IMT strategy from planning to execution.
- Own the product roadmap of the organization platform thinking holistically across the entire value chain to further the organization’s position in the market
- Guide the business in the growth of both outward and inward remittances.
- Understand and assist in selection of software required to run and grow the IMT business in conjunction with the technology departments and shared services centers.
- Develop business reporting standards and data strategy to use to guide the development of the business unit.
- Exploit new business opportunities beyond wallet-to-wallet, STP, Cross border transactions and ensure the IMT business vertical integrates with all other banking channels.
- In charge of the overall IMT revenue, cost, and budget with P&L responsibilities for this business vertical.
- Develop an IMT business strategic partnership framework that defines the contractual engagement for onboarding new partners and Hubs.
- Identify key corridors and strategic partners for key marketing and pricing decision.
- Work closely with existing and new IMT partners to identifying opportunities that will ensure growth on revenue
- Define marketing strategy and plans to grow business in key remittances corridors
- In liaison with the regulatory team drive deeper relationships with the regulator to ensure approval of new partners to new corridors
- Analyse the impact of the grey route partners and devise strategy that will reduce impact on the overall business performance
- Develop targeted IMT loyalty scheme aimed at retaining and recruiting new customers
- Working closely with the AML and AML teams ensure proper due diligence and compliance monitoring on existing and new partners
A skilled leader able to build and manage a high performing multi country team while working closely with other departments in the bank to deliver outstanding results. With the ability to motivate, engage and manage performance while leading by example.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree from a recognized university preferably in Business, Research, Finance or Economics
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in Financial Services/Fintech industry, demonstrated progression and at least 3 years’ experience in a Banking, Money Transfer or Financial Services specifically working on International Money Transfer
- Experience in the payment/financial services market in the SADC region is essential
- Must demonstrate an awareness of current events and trends
- Proven commercial management experience (Essential)
- Must have excellent financial and analytical skills
- A clear communicator that can simplify complex concepts and is confident interacting with and presenting to stakeholders
- Highly collaborative and influential leader
- High level of commercial acumen
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate a teams, both direct and outside own team
- Stakeholder management at CEO level, internally and externally
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.