Lets Write Africa’s Story Together!
Old Mutual is a firm believer in the African opportunity and our diverse talent reflects this.
The role is responsible for the functional management, administration and audit assurance delivery of Old Mutual Malawi with the aim of providing independent opinion on the risk and control environment. These include; Long-term Insurance, Pension Services, Investments, Properties and Funeral Services businesses.
The role holder is individually accountable for achieving results through execution of all audit assignments across the Group.
- Help the relevant Boards and Executive Management teams to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the business.
- Challenge and influence the relevant executives to improve the governance, risk and control culture.
- Understands the risk profile of the business, gains and applies extensive industry knowledge in the various business lines.
- Provides independent opinion on risk & control environment for the various business units or processes.
- Help the business to deliver the strategic initiatives successfully by focusing on the most significant risks, both existing and emerging and the most significant strategic initiatives being undertaken.
- Development and implementation of risk-based audit plans aligned to the Group Strategy. The audit plan is delivered using the audit resources from the applicable specialist teams and includes co-ordination with the Subject Matter Lead (SML) in the Old Mutual Group to ensure the application of the right skills to the right assignments at the right times.
- Ensure sustained quality interaction with the Old Mutual Malawi Business Unit Executive Committees (Exco) as well as respective Audit and Risk Committees.
- Engages with business unit process owners to agree audit scope & deliveries (risk assessment & control workshops, adequacy assessments).
- Build relationship with the Audit Committees and provide quarterly updates on the outcome of audit assurance work to the respective Audit Committees.
- Deliver multiple audit assignments on time, in accordance with Group Internal Audit methodology and as per agreed quality standards.
- Gains & applies extensive industry knowledge within area of expertise.
- Provide clients with an understanding of GIA expectations and apply GIA protocols;
- Supports the staff developmental interventions and on the job coaching.
Bachelors Degree (B), Diploma (Dip)
06 February 2024
The Old Mutual Story!
To apply for this job please visit oldmutual.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.