Eastern Produce Malawi Ltd
Eastern Produce Malawi Ltd
EPM is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position of Grievance Officer tenable at its Head Office – Kwacibi House in Mulanje District. The Grievance Officer will drive the implementation of EPM’s Operational Grievance Mechanism (OGM) and promote the amicable settlement of grievances that result from EPM’s business activities and operations. The successful candidate will report to the Corporate Affairs Manager.
- Lead the implementation of EPM’s OGM.
- Manage the grievance process from start to finish, including registration, acknowledgement, referral, resolution, and close out
- Coordinate the work of all personnel involved in the grievance management process and ensure that timelines are strictly adhered to.
- Manage the grievance database and grievance documentation
- Prepare regular reports for internal and external use
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to raise awareness about the OGM
- Train key personnel in the grievance management process
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the grievance management procedure and make recommendations for improvement as necessary.
Education & experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources, Law, Business or a related field. Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources, Law, Business or a related field as well as training in Human Rights, Database Management, Community relations would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in a comparable role or a role with comparable responsibility.
- Those with prior experience in business and human rights, including the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and in working directly with tea-growing communities in Mulanje or Thyolo districts, or another agribusiness in Malawi will have an added advantage.
Required skills & attributes
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills in both English & Chichewa.
- Understanding of the cultural, political and social context in Mulanje and Thyolo Districts of Malawi.
- Track record of building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work with people at all levels of an organization.
- Organized, diligent, and meticulous.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programmes.
EPM is an equal opportunity employer although women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Method Of Application
Interested and qualifying individuals should submit their CV’s together with a covering letter, and names of three traceable referees via email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday, 5th July 2022.