Advertisement for Grants Officer
Tilitonse Foundation (TF) is a grant making facility supported by development partners to support Malawian Non State Actor (NSAs) to engage in societal transformation through catalyzing more accountable, inclusive and responsive governance. The Foundation was established with the following core objectives:
- To build capacity in Non State Actors so as to promote, strengthen, enhance and entrench good governance and build sustainability.
- To mobilise and provide funds to NSAs for the promotion and enhancement of good governance in Malawi.
- To provide a platform for NSAs for improving inclusivity, transparency, accountability and responsiveness in governance in Malawi
- To promote and encourage NSAs to engage in societal transformation through catalysing more accountable, inclusive and responsive governance.
Tilitonse Foundation is looking to recruit for the following position tenable in Lilongwe, Malawi:
Position : Grants Officer
Responsible for finance compliance and risk management, and working with the Foundation’s staff and grant partners to assist them in planning, grant making, budget and financial management. Oversees partners’ financial reporting, budgeting, auditing and compliance to agreed TF’s procedures and policies. To build the financial and budget management capacity of grant partners through training and support, and also improve the capacity of TF staff to understand and uphold both TF’s and institutional donors’ financial policies and procedures and proactively manage contracts and risk within respective grant partners.
Required Qualifications, Skills & competencies:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or professional qualification in Accounting, Finance, Business studies, Auditing, Project Management or related field
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in managing grants/contracts
Method Of Application
Interested candidates are encouraged to use the following link for full terms of reference for the position:
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate in line with experience and market trends.
Interested persons who meet the above requirements should send their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position applied for on the subject line. The applications should comprise a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position and a detailed Curriculum Vitae with at least three traceable referees including their current employer.
Tilitonse Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
The closing date for receiving applications is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 1st September, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: Successful candidates for the position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.