At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staffs have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact with Funding from USAID is implementing a 5 years REFRESH project. The purpose of REFRESH project is to conserve the freshwater biodiversity of Lake Malawi to restore the natural fisheries productivity, which largely underpins the food and nutrition security of the rural and urban populations by targeting the lakeshore districts of Karonga, Rumphi, Likoma, Nkhata Bay, Nkhotakota, Salima, Dedza and Mangochi. Its sub-purposes are a) the targeted Lake Malawi’s aquatic habitats are healthy and well-managed b) the endemic fish populations of targeted parts of Lake Malawi are healthy and self-sustaining and c) the fisheries in the targeted parts of Lake Malawi are managed sustainably by 2024.
Primarily, the REFRESH activity will aim to achieve the following outcomes;
- Fisheries governance and regulatory framework strengthened.
- Fisheries ecosystem-based management improved.
- Decentralization of fisheries management strengthened.
- Commercialization of conservation enterprises to counter unsustainable fishing catalyzed and supported.
- CDCS priorities for integration advanced.
The following position is Vacant at Pact and requires to be filled as soon as possible:
Grants and Contracts Officer
Reporting to the Senior Finance and Grants Officer, the Grants and Contracts Officer provides support to Pact’s prime awards and subawards as determined by the Director of Agreement Management (AM) in close collaboration with other members of the AM team. Tasks may include any part of the grants and contracts lifecycle, from proposal support to close-out. The GCO also provides general cross-departmental support to the department, working closely with other GCO colleagues and members of the program team and country offices.
- Provide and maintain an annual plan for Subawards management and monitoring
- Supports supervisor in achieving program strategic objectives.
- Provide award start-up support including preparing documentation for new award orientations with extended members of the team, reviewing workplans, serving as start-up grants manager, writing project-specific deliverables such as grants manuals, etc.
- Ensure timely compliance reporting, including VAT reports, FFATA, etc.
- Complete Subawards packages including the recipient risk assessments, selection Du-diligence and all required prior approvals requirements in line with the prime awards requirements.
- Ensure timely system processing for Grants and Contracts awards.
- Supports day-to-day operations of a program/function. Understands and follows organization policies and procedures. Leads tasks requiring complex coordination as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist in Prime awards closeouts, including final disposition of property and subaward closeout.
- Review documentation and terms and conditions of assigned subawards and procurements; verify completeness and sufficient funding.
- Assist with the maintenance and control of department templates.
- Develop funder correspondence to request approvals, waivers, funding notifications, modification requests, etc.
- Coordinate with Financial Planning and Analysis by providing compliance and regulatory input on budgets and budget notes.
- Conducting sub grantees financial reviews according to the monitoring plan
All other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business administration and 5+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of USAID policies, regulations and directives
- Working knowledge of regulations applicable to award management, compliance and risk mitigation, including CFR, FAR, ADS, etc. and the ability to communicate them effectively to a wide audience
- Sufficient budgeting skills for aid in the efficient review of a prime or subaward
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
- Experience in administering federal grants and contracts
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with internal colleagues and contacts in funder and peer organizations
- Consistently works within internal process and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Critical thinking skills, flexibility, and ability to adapt to change
- Strong time management skills
- Strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills, in English
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Attention to detail is critical to this position
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Method of Application
Direct applications to: The HR/Operations Officer, PACT Malawi, PO Box 1013, Lilongwe, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered at PACT Malawi offices, Amina House
To apply for this job please visit pactworld.org .