Position: Grants Administrator
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) Malawi is a locally registered NGO that has been operating in Malawi since 1995. Our mission is to work with the communities by promoting social and economic development through health, education training, food security and environmental programs. Our work towards development is guided by social cohesion and respect for humanity, driven by innovative and cost effective programs. Through a variety of development models, DAPP complements the government’s effort in implementing the Malawi Growth and Development Strategy
DAPP Malawi is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill a vacancy for a position as a Grants Administrator to be based at DAPP Lilongwe Offices.
Job summary/ responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for grants administration and management in regards to contracts/ agreements between DAPP and donor/funding agencies and ensure that the agreements are adhered to and properly managed on all administrative matters including but not limited to reporting, monitoring and evaluation and achievement of objectives, milestones and key deliverables.
He/she will work closely with the DAPP program and finance teams at both project level as well as at DAPP National Headquarters’ level including the project leadership and the M&E team in overseeing that reporting guidelines, implementation plans and budgeted expenditures are being followed.
- Coordinate that all start up and close out procedures of any project are followed
- Ensure quality and timely submission of all required donor reports as per donor guidelines.
- Work together with the M&E Project Team to develop and implement baseline assessments, evaluations and research including conclusion and reporting on the same.
- Be ready to be the communication link between the donor and the organisation on administrative matters in regards to the donor agreement.
- Do regular monitoring of project activities against plans and reports
- Collect success and impact case stories for the project.
Qualifications and attributes
- Degree in social sciences or its equivalent
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in grants administration responsible for bigger projects involving at least 20 staff/employees – preferable in health
- Well-versed in written and spoken English with effective and excellent skills in communication, interpersonal, written and oral presentation.
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of PEPFAR and the Malawian Government HIV priorities, guidelines and policies.
- Reasonable experience in managing and motivating teams and addressing performance challenges.
- Competent in computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point Outlook and Electronic mailing
- Ability to work in a complex environment with short deadlines to deliver results.
- Passionate, self-motivated, and hardworking values
- Flexible and able to work outside duty station.
The Human Resources Manager
PO Box 2732
Please send your application including a job application letter, an up to date CV and 3 traceable referees in English to
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience but no later than Tuesday 6 September 2022 – Please note that candidate applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com