UNC Project Malawi
The ideal candidate will be responsible for analyzing grant/project proposals and solicitations and formulating operational budgets and forecasts; assisting sponsors, administrators, faculty and staff with pre-award and post-award services related to grant funding; and preparing and presenting the budget variance reports for grants and projects.
- Work with Investigators and University of North Carolina pre-award staff to develop submission checklists and timelines for proposal development and submission.
- Assist Investigators with development of proposal budgets and justifications.
- Assist Investigators in systematic organization and tracking of all proposal submission needs, enabling submission in the required timelines.
- Assist Investigators with proposal submissions in Grants.gov and other grant submission and reporting systems.
- Prepare and submit contract and subcontract documents.
- Complete vendor registrations in sponsor financial systems.
- Respond to sponsor/funder requests for information.
- Develop and maintain tracking systems for sponsor reporting requirements and monitor Investigator and finance department compliance.
- Track project financial performance and prepare financial and qualitative reports.
- Maintain entity registrations with SAM.gov and other grant submission/reporting systems.
- Develop and maintain UNC Project budgeting tools.
- Maintain an updated schedule of research procedure costings.
- Explain, interpret, and implement sponsor, project, and University regulations related to grants management to staff.
- Effectively mentor and supervise departmental and project staff as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
Qualifications and Experience
- ACCA qualification or Bachelor’s degree (Finance/Accounting/Business)
- Comprehensive working knowledge of major grant administration skills (including budget preparation, proposal submissions, accepting awards, preparing contract and sub-contract agreements).
- At least one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Hands on experience with a major financial accounting package. Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software systems an added advantage.
- Ability to provide expert guidance on pre and post award grants management and resolve concerns from investigators and sponsors.
- Proven financial and operational analytical skills.
- Ability to comprehend and operate various grant submission/reporting systems.
- Ability to provide timely reports and respond rapidly to requests for information from colleagues and sponsors.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize workflow to ensure on-time delivery of multiple projects within tight timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively and diplomatically, locally and internationally, with a wide range of individuals.
Method Of Application
Please send your applications via email to:
The Country Director
Deadline for receiving applications:
Thursday, November 2, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.