VisionFund Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe:
GRANT FINANCE OFFICER
Reporting directly to the Management Accountant on technical matters and dotted line to the Project Manager on operational aspects, the Grant Finance Officer shall be instrumental in managing the financial facets of grant operations at Visionfund Malawi, ensuring adherence to funder guidelines, and facilitating financial communication between the Management Accountant and Project Manager.
With a deep understanding of microfinance, the officer will assist in budgeting, forecasting, and analyzing financial data related to grants.
- Oversee the financial management of grants in alignment with the microfinance sector requirements.
- Monitor grant expenditures, ensuring they align with approved budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for grant proposals, considering the unique needs of microfinance projects.
- Offer accurate financial insights on grant activities
- Compile monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for the Management Accountant, focusing on grant utilization and variances.
- Adhere to donor/ funder reporting guidelines, ensuring timely and accurate submissions.
- Synchronize with the Project Manager to meet report submission deadlines.
- Ensure all grant related financial activities comply with VisionFund Malawi policies and funder stipulations.
- Facilitate internal and external audits, providing essential documentation acting upon audit recommendations.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and the broader team, offering financial insights and suggestions.
- Contribute to project meetings with financial expertise.
- Notify the project Manager of any potential financial risk tied to the grant
- Educate project staff on the financial nuances of grant management, particularly in the context of microfinance.
- Stay updated on global and local grant management best practices and regulations.
- Remained informed about changes in the microfinance sector, especially those affecting grant regulations and standards.
- Support the Management Accountant with miscellaneous finance-related tasks.
- Undertake other relevant duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum of (specific number of years 3 years’ experience in grant management, ideally in the microfinance sector
- Familiarity with financial software and Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and sun system
- Comprehensive understanding of microfinance grant compliance and reporting.
- Exceptional analytical and detail-oriented skills.
- Proficient communication skills in English and local languages.
- Professional certification in Accounting or Finance, eg., MAB
- Familiarity with Malawi’s financial and microfinance regulations.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications together with their detailed Curriculum Vitae, three traceable referees and copies of certificates to:
The People, Culture and Administration Manager,
Private Bag A232,
Closing date for receiving applications is 30th October, 2023.
VisionFund Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to VisionFund Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Lines: 0884621623