Save the Children
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Global A&C Capacity and Operations Director at any existing Save the Children International office location.
The holder of this role is capacity strengthening, institutional strategic planning, capacity and resource tracking, operational platform support including in staffing, resourcing and award coordination, knowledge management and technical expertise. The post holder will play a leadership role in helping to realise Save the Children’s ambition to become a global campaigning force with and for children. The Director will focus on building a platform for effective influencing across the global movement including country, regions, advocacy and member offices. This includes overseeing the quality framework, KPIs, policies and procedures to support risk and compliance requirements. The Director will have three main areas of focus – promoting high quality advocacy and campaigns within program development and implementation; increased institutional support for advocacy and campaigns both in terms of resourcing and leadership and supporting the resourcing and strategic planning of campaigning efforts at country and member levels.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Proven advocacy and campaign leadership at a senior level, preferably in a global context, and ability to lead in a complex networked organisation.
- Proven leadership in driving cross functional efforts to support advocacy and campaigning within a networked/federated context.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills in English, with the presence and integrity to influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable ability to think and work strategically across a range of teams, functions, organisations and national boundaries, ideally within a networked/federated context
- A proven ability to take initiative, effectively prioritise a large and complex workload and manage varied expectations as well as working at times to a short deadlines.
- Experience of leading high-performing teams in strategy development and delivery – including setting clear direction.
- Excellent leadership skills, with a track record of taking large scale projects from concept stage to execution, and building collaboration across functional and geographical boundaries.
- Commitment to Save the Children vision, mission, values and approach, including child safeguarding
We can offer circa £80,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work – Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 10 Aug 2022
Closing date: 5 Sep 2022 – 01:59 CAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Advocacy, Campaigns and Policy
To apply for this job please visit malawi.savethechildren.net.