Cedar Energy Limited
Cedar Energy Limited: Small Hydro Power in Malawi.
RE: Recruitment of Generation Manager
Cedar Energy is a small hydro power company dedicated to the development of small, electricity generating projects in Malawi. Its first project, the Muloza Hydropower Project, was commissioned in 2021. The company is seeking a new Generation Manager to oversee all operations.
Position Required: Generation Manager
Reporting to: Managing Director, Technical Director
Location: Mulanje, multiple locations primarily Muloza drift remote location
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract renewal based on performance.
Performance bonus on base salary.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications required
Qualified candidates will have:
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent relevant university degree
• Minimum of 2 years in management role and 8 years overall in electrical field. Experience operating a power station preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of electrical installations and operation LV, MV, and HV
• Knowledge and familiarity with the Malawi Grid Code or other Grid Codes
• Experience and ability to design simple electrical installations
• Fluent in English in both writing and speaking
• Able to effectively use Microsoft Office and AutoCAD or other design software
• Proven ability to manage others
• Driving license and ability to drive 4×4 vehicles to remote sites
• 33kV Switching Authorisation with ESCOM would be beneficial.
Closing date for receiving applications is Midnight Friday 18th August 2022
Method Of Application
A detailed job description for the position may be requested by email: cedarhireGM@gmail.com. Qualified applicants should also apply to the same email: cedarhireGM@gmail.com
To apply for this job email your details to cedarhireGM@gmail.com