POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER
Rural Development Investment Holdings Plc (RUDEVIT) is a Malawian non-listed public limited liability company by Malawians and for all Malawians, a green field investment with the aim of mobilizing resources to commercially invest in various sectors of the economy.
One of the identified investments in production of granulated organic fertilizer.
The company has already procured machinery awaiting installation on its factory site in Blantyre.
The company continues to raise capital through public offering and already has an extensive number of shareholders. We are seeking to fill a new vacant position of General Manager for the fertilizer company, who will report to the Board of Directors.
The position is initially based in Blantyre.
• Direct and control the work and resources of the company and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required numbers and types of well- motivated, trained and developed staff for the success of the business
• Oversee the overall project implementation, dealing with various suppliers, and stakeholders and establishing business channels for the success of the business
• Lead in the preparation a corporate strategic plan and annual business plan monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the company attains its objectives in a cost effective manner.
• Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Board, to keep them aware of developments within the industry and ensure that the appropriate policies are developed to meet the company’s mission and objectives and to comply with all relevant statutory provisions and other regulations.
• Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with relevant government departments and agencies, state authorities, key decision-makers, and other stakeholders for the benefit of the company.
• Lead complex commercial negotiations with supplier contracts, influencing the form of contract to ensure the risk/reward mechanisms are appropriate for all parties. Manage corporate risk and commercial exposure at both pre and post contract stages.
• Develop and maintain research and development programs to ensure that the company remains at the forefront in the industry, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides leading-edge products, and services and develops a competitive edge over others within the industry.
• Prepare, gain, acceptance, and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure that budget targets are met, that revenue flows are maximized and that fixed costs are optimised.
• Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services, and image of the company in the wider community.
• Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for the board
• Develop and maintain Total Quality Management systems throughout the company to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers.
• Provide commercial assurance through forecasting, project review as required and identification of issues giving rise to commercial risk Ensure that the activities of the company meet the requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies, among others
• Oversee the preparation of the annual reports and accounts of the company and ensure their approval by the board.
• Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all health and safety and other statutory regulations.
• Timely reporting to the board and executives on monthly / weekly basis on organizational plans and performance.
• Execute the responsibilities of a General Manager according to lawful and ethical standards and promoting sound corporate governance.
• Cultivating and encouraging a productivity culture in the company.
• Establishing, directing, and managing the company’s managerial, financial, and operational systems, procedures, and controls to ensure that they are professionally workable and sustainable.
• Nurturing the organizational Human Resource and ensuring that appropriate management structures and policies are developed and implemented
• To fully utilize our production capacity within the next 3 years or earlier
• Build effective working relationships with clients and suppliers to support alignment and better understanding of their perspectives.
BUDGETS AND REPORTING
• Estimate the procurement budget for the unit and provide inputs for formulation of the corporate annual budget
• Ensure adherence to the finalized procurement budget for the company
• Conduct identification, audit, and selection of new vendors for procuring materials for the company.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND REGULATIONS
• Ensure compliance with laws and regulations and standards governing the fertilizer industry
• Ensure risk mitigation through adherence to quality standards throughout the granulated organic fertilizer production cycle
• Ensuring compliance with all defined machinery protocols.
• Follow and adhere to all national, and company enforced safety rules and regulations.
THE GENERAL MANAGER NEEDS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS TO BE SUCCESSFUL
• Ability to identify issues and areas for improvement through analysis.
• Strong commercial acumen and business understanding.
• Ability to manage both internal and customer relationships.
• Negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management abilities.
• Problem Solving skills.
• Team orientated, with strong relationship and interpersonal skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Graduate with a higher degree in a management discipline or a professional qualification
• At least 5 years’ senior level experience of management of people and resources.
• A proven record of success in senior level general or commercial management, preferably in a manufacturing industry.
• A wide knowledge of Agriculture / Fertilizer Manufacturing preferably with experience in factory set up and project management.
• An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
• Excellent presentation skills
• High level of commercial awareness.
• Excellent leadership, communication, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of laws and regulations and policies governing the fertilizer industry in Malawi
The company offers a market competitive remuneration commensurate with the level of qualification, experience and position in the organization
Method Of Application
Interested and qualifying candidates should submit their applications enclosing detailed CVs and copies of certificates no later that 6 January 2023 to the following address:
Appointments and Remuneration Committee of the Board
RUDEVIT Holdings Plc
RUDEVIT is an equal opportunity employer.