Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We are a global movement of people, churches, and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality, and justice worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart.
We are looking to hire for the following post based in Lilongwe;
FRONT DESK ASSISTANT
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To meet and greet visitors to Christian Aid, ensuring security and health and safety rules are observed. To provide effective and efficient administrative support to enable the smooth functioning of the Office. To ensure that procedures are followed, and standards are met. To receive incoming calls to the switchboard and route them as appropriate. To accept incoming deliveries on behalf of Christian Aid and log and distribute them correctly. Ensures staff
security pass database is maintained, resulting in authorised personnel only having access to the building. To liaise with evening security staff to highlight any concerns or issues around night security.
- Office communications -manage switchboard, emails and correspondence
- Manage reception area and welcome visitors
- Effective administration support provided to all CA team members eg filing, photocopying, binding, scanning, printing, organize and schedule appointments for Country Director and other Senior
Management Team members
- Maintain accurate database records and other reports eg IPMiS
- Manage travel arrangements/ logistics, meetings logistics and take minutes
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Stores Management, order office supplies
- Manage staff movement records/board and private vehicle use billing
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to Diploma in Business Administration, or relevant discipline
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of relevant database systems.
- Considerable relevant experience in Administrative work and reception management.
Method Of Application
If you meet the above expectations, please visit www.christianaid.org.uk/jobs, to apply for the jobs. If you have questions about the position, please e-mail them to Malawifirstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: CVs will not be accepted.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Closing date for receiving applications is 19th November, 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job please visit www.christianaid.org.uk.