Global Health Informatics Institute (GHII)
The Global Health Informatics Institute (GHII) is a non-profit organization working at
the intersection of science, engineering and global health to address problems of global
health importance through development of local solutions and capacity (https://www.
ghii.org). GHII is inviting applications from suitably qualified, motivated, hardworking
and enthusiastic individuals to fill the Financial Consultant position on 1-year renewable
contract. This position will support activities under the SINTHA MALAWI Project funded
by the European Union.
Position: Financial Consultant
The main role of the financial consultant of the Global Health Informatics Institute for the SINTHA MALAWI Project is to provide guidance on Financial and project management to ensure compliance with European Union policies. This is a part time employment position at 20% level of effort.
Summary of Responsibilities
1. Work with the Finance and Administration Lead in ensuring that all financial procedures are followed as per the European Union guidelines.
2. Review monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports that are prepared as per European Union guidelines.
3. Conduct internal expenditure verification.
4. Production of reports and recommendations as required
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Studying professional Level.
● Proven experience in finance and project management of the European Union grants.
● Familiarity with the European Union grants management, proposal development.
● 3 years’ experience or more working on European Union grants.
● Strong problem-solving, analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work
independently or as part of a team.
● Excellent written and Verbal communication skills
● Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
● Knowledge of expenditure verification and reporting process.
● Knowledge of the Practical Guide on contract procedures for European Union external action (PRAG)
● Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular MS Excel
● Good knowledge of QuickBooks
● Fluent in English and Chichewa.
Method Of Application
Interested individuals should submit their applications and these should include: a cover letter, applicant’s updated CV and scanned copies of relevant degrees certificates to:
THE FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION LEAD
GLOBAL HEALTH INFORMATICS INSTITUTE (GHII)
Post Office Box X111, Crossroads
Area 3/719 Off Beit Road,
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receiving applications is Monday, 13th November 2023.
GHII is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from individuals regardless of gender, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, age, or any other protected characteristic. We embrace diversity and believe that inclusivity in the workplace is essential to our success and we are committed to creating a work environment where all employees are valued and respected.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com