Roads Fund Administration
The Roads Fund Administration (RFA) is a statutory body established to raise, administer and account for funds for the construction, maintenance and rehabilitation of public roads. RFA seeks the services of a Financial Auditor. The position is tenable at the RFA head office in Lilongwe.
1. Job Overview
The Financial Auditor carries out independent, objective assurance and advises RFA on governance, risk, internal controls, compliance and fraud prevention. The Financial Auditor’s work entails financial, operational and systems audits of the RFA and in areas of mutual interest with RFA’s implementing partners.
Reporting to the Director of Audit, the Financial Auditor assists in the preparation and implementation of strategic risk-based annual internal audit plans and advises on improvements that require to be made to contain or minimise risk exposure.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
2.1 Risk based internal audit and assurance
- Assists in the development and implementation of the annual internal audit plan.
- Carries out planned or assigned audit projects of the Roads Fund and the RFA in accordance with established documentation framework and standards.
- Audits RFA’s systems of internal controls, risk management, governance, compliance and fraud prevention and prepares draft audit reports for discussions with the auditees.
- Prepares internal audit reports for review by the Director of Audit in line with agreed timelines.
2.2 Risk management
- Participates in the development of RFA’s risk management framework, risk management strategies and internal controls.
- Provides advice to departments on measures they should take to improve their processes, procedures, systems and internal controls in order to minimize risk exposure.
- Analyses the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of RFA’s operations and practices with a view to propose improvements in them.
- Reviews and tests RFA’s compliance with policies, plans, procedures, rules, laws and
2.3 Audit reporting
- Prepares reports on audit results accordance with established documentation framework and standards.
- Drafts audit reports and management letters and discusses audit observations,
recommendations and conclusions with Director of Audit and auditees.
- Follows up with auditees on the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Prepares quarterly status and progress audit reports or, as required, and presents them to the Director of Audit.
2.4 Special audits and reviews
- Identifies and advises the Director of Audit of steps that should be taken by RFA
departments and implementing partners to improve operations.
- Assists the Director of Audit in the execution of special audits, investigations and provides subject-matter expertise as needed.
- Supports external auditors in their annual audits of the Roads Fund and the RFA by coordinating information requirements.
- Assists in investigations of activities reported through RFA’s whistle-blower processes/ hotline.
3. Job Requirements
3.1 Knowledge, skills and abilities
- General knowledge of organizational functions, operations, compliance, information systems, good governance, enterprise risk management and internal controls.
- Good knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and the International
Financial Reporting Standards.
- Working knowledge of auditing standards, practices, procedures and techniques.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office application packages.
- Experience with use of audit management software packages such as TeamMate and
Audit Command Language (ACL).
- Ability to conduct audits with minimum supervision and to complete work within
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, auditees and management.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
3.2 Education and experience
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or Internal Auditing from a
- A qualified Chartered Accountant, with at least 7 years progressive internal or external auditing experience.
- Further certification in Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) will be an advantage.
Method Of Application
Application letters and Curriculum Vitae with at least three traceable referees must reach either address below by Tuesday, 31st January 2023 by 4 PM.
The Chief Executive Officer
Roads Fund Administration
Ngerengere Building, Ground Floor
Off Queens Drive
Private Bag 369
RFA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com