Export Development Fund Limited
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY RE-ADVERTISEMENT
Export Development Fund (EDF) is a development finance institution (DFI) mandated to promote the growth as well as diversification of the country’s exports. EDF’s mission is to accelerate structural transformation in Malawi through various funded and non-funded interventions availed to businesses in growth sectors of the economy. EDF also plays a leading role in job creation by investing in ambitious projects and initiatives with the aim of enhancing the competitiveness of Malawi’s exports. EDF’s young and dynamic team is motivated towards the collective goal of transforming Malawi’s exporting sector for accelerated economic development.
Exciting opportunities have arisen for energetic and innovative individuals to join EDF. We are, therefore, inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following post:
Financial Accountant will be responsible for maintaining accurate and timely accounting
records for the Fund, including preparation of financial reports, and ensuring that
payments’ needs of the fund are met. The Financial Accountant’s responsibilities shall
include, but not be limited to the following:
- Assist in the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements to strict reporting deadlines.
- Coordinate annual and other external audits.
- Submit Annual Company Returns to the Registrar of Companies.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of the trial balance and review of all ledger accounts.
- Update the risk register.
- Ensure real time transaction processing.
- Make all statutory payments when the fall due i.e., Pension, VAT, PAYE, WHT, FBT,
TEVET, Provisional Tax and Corporation Tax.
- Reconcile EDF statement with the clients.
- Ensure compliance with all accounting control procedures in place.
- Coordinate the implementation of external & internal audit recommendations.
Qualifications and core requisite competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or equivalent.
- Professional accounting qualification (ICAM/ACCA) and membership with Institute of Chartered Accountants in Malawi (ICAM)
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- In depth accounting knowledge and not less than 5 years hands-on experience in
- Sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and local tax laws.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines and heavy workloads.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Accounting Packages
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Finance, Management or Administration will
be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit their applications clearly indicating the position together with detailed CV and names of three (3) traceable referees by close of business, Thursday, 30th November, 2023 via email to email@example.com. Those that already applied need not to re-apply. All applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
Export Development Fund Limited
First Floor, Public Service Pension Fund Building,
Presidential Way Drive
P.O. Box 30063
Only shortlisted applicants shall be acknowledged and invited for interviews. EDF is an
equal opportunities employer as such, women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org