Main Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for finance and client accounts administration activities and support. Responsible for basically bookkeeping, cashbook, account receivable, accounts payable, petty cash within the Finance Department to ensure that invoices are processed according to procedures; and perform reconciliations and administrative duties.
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
- Diploma in Accounting / relevant accounting qualification
- Pastel Evolution
- Computer Literacy
- 3 years’ experience working with USAID funded organisations
Desired Required Education & Experience:
- B.Com degree in accounting / relevant accounting qualification
- Computer literacy, Pastel Evolution
- 3 Years’ experience working with USAID funded organisations
Technical & Behavioural Competencies:
- Well-developed communication skill
- Ability to work under pressure
- Assessment and information interpretation skills
- Research/ information collection skills
- Report writing
Key Performance Areas:
- Check VAT numbers & calculations on invoices are correct.
- Check whether there is an Original Tax Invoice and follow-up with the relevant department if not received.
- Check the invoice to ensure accuracy thereof.
- Ensure that each payment requisition complies to the donor policy and procurement policy.
- Ensure that each payment complies to the Donor regulations.
- Check the expense code correlates to the respective invoice description.
- Calculates Withholding Tax for suppliers who are not tax exempted
- Load payment requisitions daily onto the system for authorisation and release.
- Fill the foreign transactions bank slips for foreign dominated payments
- Load foreign transactions payments in the bank platform
- Loading of WHT and PAYE payments on Malawi Revenue Authority platform
- Extract payment requisitions and other required information per the sample sent by the auditors.
- Follow up on outstanding original invoices list to ensure receipt thereof.
- File original invoices with the relevant payment requisition and or debit order invoices.
- Check for authorised signatures and relevant information.
- Train other departments on how to complete a payment requisition.
- Liaise with other departments regarding payment requisitions that’s outstanding.
- Attach proof of payment to payment requisition.
- Record and track every financial administrative process for audit purposes
- Print out proof of payment and send to the suppliers or respective parties.
- Print out bank statements and create a cashbook batch on Pastel reflecting the correct payment references.
- Reconcile statement and proof of payments/deposits on Pastel.
- Make sure that the reference used on the cashbook batch reflects accurately on the proof of payment or deposits.
- Submit cashbook to Line Manager for approval.
- Prepare the bank reconciliation and ensure that it is signed off by the authorised person.
- Prepare sub-recipient payment requisition, load onto banking system, send proof of payment to sub-recipient.
- Load petty cash book entries onto Pastel.
- Prepare foreign currency cash book revaluations batches
- Receive an invoice from the supplier or external parties.
- Confirm whether payment is outstanding and load their invoice on Pastel.
- Submit to Line Manager the outstanding invoice for review before creating a requisition for payment.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of suppliers and submit to Line Manager for review
- Process inter-company invoices following the correct procedures.
- Send inter-company invoices to the relevant stakeholder for payment.
- Invoice external customer based on information received from Programme Managers.
- Follow up on outstanding amount still owed.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of accounts received and submit to Line manager for review.
- Liquidate the sub-recipients advances on Pastel received from the grants team.
- Bill donors correctly to ensure accurate intergrant billing
About the Organization
Right to Care (RTC) is a non-profit organisation (NPO) that supports and delivers prevention, care and treatment services for HIV and tuberculosis (TB), sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and Hepatitis C. RTC is a registered Public Benefit Organisation (PBO).
The RTC Group includes RTC South Africa, RTC Zambia NPC, RTC Malawi NPC, RTC Lesotho NPC, RTC United States NPC and Right ePharmacy. We develop and implement innovations in health technology, data science, pharmacy delivery and clinical care. Our solutions are primarily funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), various donors and private sector partners to fast-track HIV epidemic control.
We work with USAID and CDC country missions, implementing partners, ministries of health and other in-country stakeholders to provide innovative tailor-made solutions to end the HIV pandemic. Technical assistance and direct service delivery are provided and implemented by RTC International division in Lesotho, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Haiti, Myanmar, and Ukraine. RTC International harnesses best practice solutions focused on ending the global HIV pandemic.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.