Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA)
Grade : C3
Organisational Unit : Finance
Reporting To : Deputy Director-Business Support
Duty Station : Head Office
Job Type : Full-time
- Developing a risk management plan spanning risk identification through review of impact of the interventions
- Coordinating and monitoring identification, analysis, assessment and management of risks;
- Coordinating and monitoring implementation of risk management interventions;
- Reviewing and assessing impact of risk management approach and strategy;
- Continuously reviewing and assessing financial processes and related controls and recommend improvements to ensure adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Participating in the development of automated information systems to ensure that the systems incorporate necessary financial controls to ensure integrity and completeness of the data;
- Assisting in management of system improvements in the division;
- Championing and managing business process reviews and re-engineering and ensure that all new regulations are implemented or operationalized.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (Malawi) in good standing
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience; 2 years of which should have been earned after attaining a professional qualification i.e ACCA/CIMA
- Computer system experience preferably SAP ERP
- Must have demonstrable experience in risk management as well as business analysis
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Impeccable leadership and people management skills
- Must be calm and steady
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be resilient and able to work under pressure
- Data analytics
- Team player and strategic thinker
- Must have high levels of confidentiality, integrity and service excellence
Successful candidates before being appointed will undergo an extensive background check of their integrity. Only when the vetting exercise is favourable shall the Authority make the appointment.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should submit their application through MRA recruitment portal: https://careers.mra.mw
Closing date for receiving applications is Tuesday, 6th February, 2024.