Small and medium Enterprises Development Institute (SMEDI) is looking for the services of a suitably
qualified person to fill a vacant position of Finance Manager tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe.
Interested applicants must have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelor of Accountancy/Finance and full professional qualification –ACCA, CIMA, ACA;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ progressive experience at a senior position level in a related field;
- Sound Knowledge of Public Financial Management;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational, versatility, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work as a team member with leadership skills for coaching and developing employees;
- Honesty and integrity;
- Excellent communication skills.
The successful candidate will among other things be responsible for:
- Processing payments in line with approved budgets;
- Accounting for revenue collected from approved sources and ensuring that such funds are banked timely and reconciliations performed periodically according to the SMEDI’s policies and procedures;
- Ensuring effective and timely internal and external audit exercises;
- Ensuring that all accounting activities are well coordinated throughout the Institute;
- Leading in timely and accurate preparation of Financial Statements and production of year-end
- Ensuring that effective internal financial controls are implemented;
- Initiating capacity building in finance division;
- Preparing periodic management reports;
- In the absence of the Director of Corporate Services, preparing and submitting annual budgets and financial reports to the Board for review, consideration and approval.
Method Of Application
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with at least three names of relevant and traceable
referees, including that of an immediate past employer should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
SMEDI, P/Bag 393,
To reach him not later than close of business on Friday, 2nd March, 2024.