The incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day management of ANAPA’s finance activities. The role supports the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA)to implement effective and efficient financial management controls within the context of the country strategy as well as the Project HOPE Namibia (PHN), home office finance team objectives.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Maintain thorough documentation of all field financial transactions and ensure that all paid invoices agree with supporting documentation. Including, descriptions, price quotes. purchase orders and delivery receipts.
· Maintain a comprehensive paper and electronic filing system of all financial documents that will make the documents easy to retrieve during financial reviews and audits.
· Execute all approved payments for local vendors, contractors and consultants for goods and services received. in accordance with the PHN policies.
· Review travel advances ageing reports and work with program staff and Finance Officer to resolve accounting related issues.
· Conduct financial orientations for new staff and share financial templates with them.
· Provide the required assistance to teams conducting internal and external reviews/audits and support Finance department in coordination of audit responses and follow up on their recommendations.
· Monitor GL accounts to ensure no mis-postings are made.
· Performing ad hoc analysis pro-actively or as directed, to provide performance insights that aid growth and focus appropriate resource allocation.
· Work with HR Manager to prepare monthly payroll for submission to Director of Finance & Administration.
· Monitor cash flow and prepare monthly cash flow projections to support funds requests from PHN Head Office.
· Work with DFA to ensure funds are spent within the obligated limitations for ANAPA.
· Work with the Grants Manager to ensure obligated funds are spent within limitations for partners.
· · Provide financial and analytical support to the DFA during financial reporting exercises by using QuickBooks Accounting software.
· · Review quarterly and annual VAT reports and ensure they are submitted to USAID in a timely manner.
· Provide support in collection of VAT documents for submission to USAID.
· Reconcile bank accounts, Petty Cash floats and field advance accounts each month.
· Review all financial transactions into PHN’s QuickBooks accounting system and prepare monthly reports for submission to the DFA.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
University Degree qualified in Finance/Accounting/ACCA
· At least 3 years professional experience of practical accounting experience.
· Knowledgeable of USAID policies and regulations regarding financial management and compliance
· Experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software
· Experience working on a large-scale ($10 million or larger) project preferred, and familiarity with donor project management policies, procedures, and requirements, particularly USAID contracts strongly preferred.
· Good knowledge of local tax laws.
· Experience managing the annual audit and preparing annual financial statements.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and abilities Required.
· Strong planning, analytical, presentation, and reporting skills.
· Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· High level of integrity
· Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, email, Internet, and Microsoft Windows applications.
· Strong attention to detail and interpersonal communication skills
· Knowledge of current practices, trends, and information affecting the business.
· Commitment to developing and staying up to date on company policies, practices, and trends.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated experience of working collaboratively and influencing across multiple stakeholder groups.
· Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.