National Water Resources Authority
The National Water Resources Authority (NWRA) is a statutory organization established by the Water Resources Act of 2013 with a specific function to regulate and manage water resources. Furthermore, the NWRA seeks to ensure the sustainable use of water resources and address the water resources planning, development and management challenges.
In its effort to sustainably manage water resources, the NWRA seeks to recruit energetic, highly motivated, focused and result-oriented individuals to form part of its NWRA members of staff. In this regard, NWRA invites applications from suitable qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title : Finance Manager
Department : Corporate Services
Grade : NW 3
Reporting to : Director of Corporate Services
Responsible for: Accountant, Assistant Accountant
Purpose of the Job:
To manage financial and accounting services for effective and efficient utilization of financial resources in the NWRA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing operations of Finance Division ensure it is effective and efficient in making payments to suppliers and producing expenditure returns on time
- Monitoring and controlling expenditure to ensure that appropriate action is taken by management to curtail any foreseeable negative Impact the Authoritys operations.
- Managing the processing of salaries and all other payments according to the established approval procedure, ensuring that payment requisitions are properly supported and authorized, and that statutory and all other payment as required are made on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that effective internal financial controls are implemented in liaison with all stakeholders.
- Preparing NWRA’s financial Performance Reports and Statements of financial position for Board of Directors and Treasury.
- Participating in the preparations of annual budgets and midyear reviews in conjunction with other Department Heads for approval by the Executive Director and submission to Treasury.
- Providing information and assistance to internal or external Auditors in times of audit activities
Minimum Qualifications and a Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance with four (4) years relevant working experience at managerial position;
- Those with Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting and a full professional qualification such as: ACCA, CIMA, ICAM and ACA will have an added advantage
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of financial management
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and Access).
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of accounting packages such as SAGE, Tompro etc.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team with leadership skills for coaching and developing employees.
- Mature and good communicator with adequate negotiating skills
The NWRA is an equal opportunity employer. Therefore, male and female persons including
persons with disabilities, who meet the prerequisite qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply.
An attractive remuneration package comprising a competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the successful candidates. The NWRA also offers excellent career development
Method of Application
Interested persons should submit their application with up-to-date detailed curriculum vitae (CV) including names and addresses of three traceable referees, to reach the undersigned not later than the 18th November, 2022
Only complete applications will be considered
All late applications shall not be considered.
The Executive Director,
National Water Resources Authority,
Private Bag 363, Lilongwe 3.
You can also send your application through email below:
To apply for this job email your details to Bandayvone3@gmail.com