Our Client , an international NGO of over 50 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work across the sub-Sahara Region providing solutions to the worlds most pressing health challenges. A member-based not-for-profit organization whose core mandate on health equity and the social determinants of health Malawi is rooted in collaborative research, learning, advocacy, policy, and practice. The organisation is governed by a Board of Directors, elected by the membership.
Code of Conduct
Our client takes responsibility and obligation to treat everyone with respect, take proactive steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons.
The Finance Director leads the organisation’s financial reporting, budgeting, and analysis function. He/She is responsible for managing and safeguarding the organization’s assets, functioning as focal point for audits, implementing internal controls and updates of financial policies and manuals. The position requires a detail-oriented individual who can prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work collaboratively with departmental heads.
Application deadline: May 10, 2023
Finance and Accounting
- Safeguarding the assets of the organization.
- Overseeing daily accounting process, reviewing balance sheet routinely.
- Preparing annual audit working papers, statements, and documents.
- Preparing regular financial reports to management and the Board.
- Monitoring cash flows, recommending for operational adjustments in collaboration with the Accounting Coordinator.
- Regularly reviewing AP and AR accounts, in collaboration with the Accounting Coordinator.
- Monitoring domestic and international bank accounts.
- Overseeing bank reconciliations in collaboration with the Accounting Coordinator.
- Cash management in $USD and MK or in other currencies as needed in collaboration with the Accounting Coordinator.
- Developing and monitoring annual budget.
- Supporting budget development for proposals.
- Preparing monthly project spending vs budget reports, and interim and final reports for projects.
- Developing and updating financial policies.
- Training staff in financial accountability and reporting, as needed.
- Implementing and verifying internal controls, financial reporting, and financial oversight processes.
- Overseeing procurement procedures.
- Leading the organization’s financial audit and reporting.
- Managing supplier/ vendor contracts and documents.
- Preparing invoices in collaboration with Accounting Coordinator.
- Maintaining banking relationship.
- Instilling a sense of responsibility, stewardship, and high ethical values in finance staff.
- Other duties as required.
- Prepare and monitor Staff Timesheets.
- Working with the ED and program management, identify means to effectively implement programs and project while minimising administrative costs.
- Administering staff and Office Insurance
- Post-graduate degree or diploma in accounting and/ or Management (or its equivalent)
- Master’s Degree (asset)
- 5+ years of financial reporting to funders for non-profit organizations.
- 5+ years of preparing, reviewing, analyzing financial reports to project and organization managers, and to the board of directors.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel (will be tested)
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite, Google documents, Quickbooks
- Proven experience in:
- budget preparations,
- currency exchange operations,
- contract review,
- employee contracting,
- procurement, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to lead diverse teams
- Ability to work independently as part of a team, with a commitment to meeting deadlines and achieving results.
- Excellent written, oral and comprehension skills in English.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.recooty.com.