mothers2mothers (m2m) is an African Primary Health Care organisation that employs women living with HIV as community health workers across 10 African nations. These “Mentor Mothers” deliver integrated health services at clinics and in communities to ensure everyone, everywhere, has access to the services they need to be healthy and stay in care. Over the next five years, this proven, peer-led model is being scaled up to double down on ending HIV, as well as to tackle new health challenges and reach more people – all with the aim of building a fairer, healthier future. The employment of local women as community health workers means that we are delivering a model that prioritises healthcare for families who need it most, delivered by women who know them best. Since its creation in 2001, m2m has created jobs for nearly 12,000 women living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa and, together, they have reached over 15M people with critical health services and education. In 2021, m2m reached over 1.6M people across 10 African nations, including 402,616 adolescents (ages 10-19) – 51% more than the year before. m2m also advanced the Global Goals of ending HIV/AIDS by 2030 – by achieving virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV among its enrolled clients for the eighth consecutive year, and meeting all of the ambitious UNAIDS Fast-Track Targets among its clients four years ahead of the 2026 target date. For more information, visit www.m2m.org
To provide technical financial, logistical and operational support to the Country Office Finance operations in line with m2m financial policies and procedures and acceptable International Financial Accounting Standards, in close liaison with the Country Senior Finance Officer.
Key Perfomance Areas:
Implementation of finance and administrative processes:
- Maintain the established finance processes.
- Review financial transactions for completeness and adherence to m2m policies & guidelines.
- Maintain the filing and archiving system for finance and supporting documentation in compliance with set standards.
- Provide support to audit and other financial review processes, through retrieval of required documentation.
- Provide logistical support i.e accommodation and transport bookings.
- Provide confirmation to service providers to render services and/or goods upon approved requests.
- Assist with the month-end and year end close activities.
- Enter invoices into the accounting system and allocate them against purchase orders.
- Work with the Senior Country Finance Officer to address supplier queries regarding payments.
- Provide clerical support in maintaining and updating supplier information and do relevant background checks and terrorist/debarment checks.
- Setup payments into the banking system for submission
- Perform regular vendor account reconciliations.
- Ensure all Purchase Orders are closed at the end of every month, within set timelines.
- Preparation of payment vouchers and other financial related documents
- Obtain signatures for all finance related documents.
- Ensure all vouchers are supported.
- Process Payment Requisitions and related staff advances.
- Compile staff liquidations for review by Country Finance Officer
- Enter all expenses into the accounting system (Reimbursements and/or advance liquidations)
- Review all payment requests to ensure all conditions for payment are met.
Revenue/Income, Debtors and cash book management:
- Manage the petty cash process and balance petty cash monthly.
- Review of all Mobile Money transactions to ensure they meet all conditions for payment and pass them for approval.
- In collaboration with the Senior Country Finance Officer, regularly update the asset register.
- In collaboration with the Senior Country Finance Officer conduct bi-annual asset verification to ascertain asset condition.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or related field from an accredited University
- Those with accounting professional qualification will have added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ work experience in a related role preferably in an International NGO or Audit firm
- Previous experience in online payment system
- Previous experience from working in complex and dynamic contexts.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work on own and within various teams.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Meticulous, with a high degree of attention to detail
- Able to follow through results to the end.
- Able to work in and deliver results in a high-pressure environment.
- Committed to continuous learning and development.
To apply for this job please visit mothers2mothers.hua.hrsmart.com.