Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM)
Family Planning Association of Malawi (FPAM) is a local, non-governmental organization providing youth friendly sexual and reproductive health rights, information, and services. FAM compliments the government of Malawi in improving the health status of all people in
Malawi. FAM’s vision is a Malawian society with access to quality and comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services and information.
FAM is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position.
Department: Finance and Administration
Reporting to: Accountant
Internal: All Department Heads
Relationships: Senior Management Team
The role of the Finance Assistant is to assist in developing and maintaining strong and effective financial management systems and internal control systems while capturing, updating, and reconciling financial transactions.
- Petty Cash Custodian and payments making sure all documents are properly approved and attached.
- Suppliers Reconciliation on Monthly Basis
- Preparation and writing of cheques attaching all relevant documents.
- Banking of all unspent balances from project activities
- Helping the Accountant in Posting data into SAGE Accounting on daily basis
- Checking and verification of all cash liquidation from FAM staff
- Ensure adherence to approved financial policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
- Review payments, advances, inter-office charges, cash, and bank reconciliations with proper supporting documentation.
- Making sure that all documents are properly filed
- Adhere to all safeguarding policies while executing duties
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Diploma in Accounting
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience in a busy working environment
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Method Of Application
Please send your cover letter, CV and copies of relevant Certificates with three traceable referees through email to email@example.com. Details of this position can also be accessed by visiting www.fpamalawi.org. The deadline for submission is Friday, 9th December 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NOTE: Please note that due to volumes of applications we receive; only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and that FPAM does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. FAM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. FAM is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org