Bantwana Initiative of World Education Inc. (WEI/Bantwana)
The Bantwana Initiative of World Education Inc. (WEI/Bantwana) seeks an experienced Finance Assistant under the USAID and PEPFAR funded Ana Patsogolo Activity, a project aimed at preventing new HIV infections and reducing vulnerability among Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in 8 high HIV prevalent districts in the Southern Region of Malawi. WEI / Bantwana is a leader in OVC programming and organizational capacity development in high HIV prevalence countries in southern and eastern Africa.
|Job Title:||Finance Assistant|
|Reports to:||The Accountant|
|Program/Project:||USAID / Malawi Ana Patsogolo Activity|
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Finance Assistant’s tasks and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures the financial transactions are properly authorized, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, filled, maintained and can be easily extracted for the purpose of preparing financial reports and follow through audits.
- Prepare and review activity budgets, expenses and invoices and other accounting documents
- Ensure compliance with the USAID/USG safeguards/guidelines.
- Ensure that all advances are tracked and liquidated within 5 days upon project staff return from the field and making sure that liquidations are filed accordingly for easy accessibility
- Any other tasks and responsibility as provided by Finance section
- Diploma in financial accounting. Those with a bachelor’s degree will have an added advantage
- At least 3 years work experience
Method Of Application
To apply, submit a cover letter, CV, and three references to: Email: email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. The closing date is 13 January 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.