Missionary Community of Saint Paul the Apostle
MM-MCSPA SCHOOL FEEDING PROGRAMME
POSITION: FINANCE AND OPERATION OFFICER
LOCATION: BENGA PARISH-NKHOTAKOTA
The missionary community of Saint Paul the Apostle (MCSPA) of Benga Parish, Nkhotakota district is in partnership with Mary’s meals with a focus on a goal to ensure that children are fed with a nutritious meal at their place of education. MCSPA is implementing both the conventional program and Community Based School Feeding program extending to 69, 656 Learners. To achieve this commitment, therefore the Missionary Community of Saint Paul the Apostle is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the post of Finance and Operation Officer.
Finance and Operation officer will support in the establishment, operation and maintenance of good MM- MCSPA School Feeding Program financial system and controls. Support the conduct and management of audits, prepare donor and operational budget and facilitates procurement.
The Finance and operation officer will also be responsible for the day to day management of high quality financial and operational transactions and procedures in line with the Missionary Community of Saint Pauls’ policies and principles in close collaboration with the Programme coordinator and Programme manager.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
1. Ensure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with MCSPA policies and procedures.
2. Preparation and submission of Monthly and quarterly program reports and preparation of Monthly payrolls.
3. Ensuring that accounting books are properly kept and well maintained to realize a sound financial achievement (Filling and retrieval) system.
4. Proper Petty cash, receipt and invoice management and ensure that are kept with good care 5. Assisting project coordinator and programme manager in budget phasing and budgeting realignment
6. Support the project coordinator in production of the budget monitoring information and review.
7. Review Monthly final donor reports with the relevant managers and offer advises of financial risks in line with the donor conditions for the project coordinator and programme manager to take proactive and corrective action.
1. Develop, review and implement operational policies and procedures
2. Ensure that program procedures are well maintained all the time, this includes all motorbikes and program vehicle
3. Ensure timely procurement of organizational resources and materials in accordance with the MCSPA procurement procedures
4. Track and maintain all operations cost
QUALIFICATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of commerce degree in accountancy or finance management At least 3 years working experience of accounting with various currencies
- Fully conversant with statutory accounting
- Experience in managing donor funded programs
- Experience in computerized accounting system and complex spreadsheets
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, analytical and communication skills and be a team player with high proficiency in using the computer.
- Must be a registered member of ICAM and Malawi Accountants Board.
Method Of Application
Applications stating expected Net Salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees, copies of certificates and supporting documents) should be sent to
The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 631
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org copy email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday 29th January 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.