Position: Finance and Administration Officer
Closing date: January 20, 2023
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Established in 2019, Wona Collective is a feminist women-led arts collective, media production company and communications consultancy based in Lilongwe, Malawi. Our vision as Wona is to have more documented stories of Malawians created by Malawians, particularly stories that are often erased or left untold: the stories of women and marginalised groups. In line with our feminist principles, we are committed to a culture of transparency and good governance and in order to be accountable to these principles we are hiring a Part-Time Finance Officer.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for setting up Wona Collective’s accounts and internal control system and maintaining sound financial and accounting systems and controls. The role entails performing financial accounting tasks including, processing payments, filing and document retrieval, providing data for report preparation and data input for support in budgeting, financial accounting and reporting of assigned grants. The officer will provide analytical forecasting, reporting and project support to the directors.
- Set up the accounts and internal control system for Wona Collective
- Conduct monthly bank reconciliations
- Formulate financial reports for management and other stakeholders
- Ensure compliance to tax, pension and other regulatory issues
- Ensure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with Wona Collective procedures and policies.
- Strengthen Wona’s financial policies and systems.
- Process payments of the grant and non-grant payment requests.
- Ensure proper book of accounts are kept and maintaining a sound archiving (filing and retrieval) system
- Perform analysis of the accounts, follow-up on Payables and Receivables.
- Budget management
- Review of Finance grant reports.
- Review travel advance reports.
- Help in the annual audit process.
- Financial Management, Analysis and Control.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Compliance; Financial Accounting; Reporting; Risk Management, and Taxation; Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications in particular Microsoft Excel; Proficient in setting up accounting systems.
Uphold Feminist Values; Advance Diversity and Inclusion; Managing Time and Money; Strategic Thinking; Working Well in a team; Be a self-starter.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
2 years’ relevant work experience in a subject area or a specialized field.
Method Of Application
Submit a 1-page cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line: Finance Officer Application – [Full Name].
Deadline for all applications is 20 January 2023 at 11:59pm. We look forward to learning more about you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org