Future 4 All
Finance and Administration Officer
Advance your career with Future4All Malawi and become a champion for rural communities
About Future4All Malawi
Future4All is a local non-profit making, non-partisan and non-governmental organization (NGO) registered under the Trustees Incorporation Act, which was established in 2018. Operating in Ntcheu District Future4All focuses on education, HIV/AIDS, livelihoods, environmental management, youth and women empowerment since 2019.
With support from The Egmont Trust, Future4All Malawi is implementing Sustainable HIV/AIDS Impact Reduction Project (SHAIRP) in TA Kwataine, Ntcheu.
Future4All Malawi is committed to child protection and safeguarding.
Finance and Administration Officer
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer (1 position)
Reports to: Programme Manager
Duration: 1 year contract -renewable
PURPOSE OF POST:
The Finance officer Intern will support Future4All in its effective discharge of duties through financial integrity in accordance with tits financial policy and procedure manual.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Have knowledge to perform complicated mathematical calculations and analysis.
- Support Future4All to develop, implement and monitor work plans to achieve goals and objectives.
- Preparing payments for eligible projects’ expenditures
- Maintaining daily cash books and preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for the project
- Prepare donor financial reports and ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist in the preparation of project and institutional audits.
- Attending donor review meetings
- Support in development of proposals and budgets
- Preparation of bank reconciliation
- Ensuring that financial policies and procedures or systems are being followed.
- Developing and compiling the annual budget; assist in the review and preparation of budget estimates.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports, comparing budget versus actuals
- Prepare payroll and ensure wages are paid on time to workers.
- Maintain an accurate asset register; management of vehicle/motorcycle (logbooks and servicing).
- Provide procurement services including preparing request forms, collecting quotations and delivering Purchase Orders.
- Support processing of contracts (Letters of Appointments, Consultancies, Temporary Contracts, Contract Renewals).
- Update management on key Malawi legislation (pension, labour act, employment act, etc.) relating to staff.
- Assist in staff recruitment process, onboarding new staff and processing of work permit/renewal, and separation process.
- Assist with administration of pension, medical insurances, workman’s compensation and insurance of assets.
- Assist in overseeing security arrangements of office premises.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a Diploma in Accounting and those with a Degree in Accounting will have an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position in a local or international NGO continuously responsible for finance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Capable of preparing budgets, monthly finance management reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to deal with donors, partners and stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Exhibition of a mature and professional disposition
- Ability to work with minimum supervision Demonstrable integrity and ability to promote Future4All core values and maintain professional ethical standards at all times.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience of operating strong internal controls.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Mastery of office software (Micro Soft Office and any Accounting Package such as quick book or sage line) required.
- Knowledge of appropriate Procurement laws in Malawi.
- Have clean record.
- Exercise sound independent judgment within general policy guidelines
- Ability to produce comprehensive financial statements, reports and written materials including detailed cash flow projections.
Method of Application
Cover letters and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae stating postal, email addresses and contact numbers plus contact details of three traceable referees not later than Friday, 17th November 2023 should be sent to the following address:
The Executive Director
Future 4 All, P.O. Box 400, Ntcheu.
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org