Foundation for Community and Capacity Development (FOCCAD) is a growing local non-profit organization with headquarters in Nkhotakota district. An exciting and management job opening exits in a fast growing environment as detailed below:
Position: Finance and Administration Manager- (Head Office-Nkhotakota)
Reporting to: Executive Director
This is senior management position and the incumbent will oversee and head the finance and admin department of the organization, support human resource tasks as delegated by the Executive Director, information management for donor projects, advisory role on financial matters, produce reports to board, management and donors, bank reconciliation, staff induction on policies and other HR issues
- Budgeting – formulating budgets, review of project budgets, forecasts for budgets, budgetary control both internal and external, development of tools and system and budgeting, requisitions.
- Reporting – submit timely financial reports to management, board and donors
- and projects staff based on agreed timelines, responding to queries on financial reports preparation for monthly implementation reports comparing budgets vs actuals.
- Information management – taking charge of management donor files, ensuring all information is filed, developing filling system of donor documents, updating donor contract files for grants.
- Grant management – contributing to timely implementation of grant opening and grant closing requirements, ensuring adherence to grant guide lines
- Program support- support proposal and budget development process
- Compliance- monitoring and check compliance of programs with donor requirements including procurement regulations budget allocations and dissemination of guidelines, taxation and other statutory obligations.
- Degree in Financial Accounting or any relevant field.
- Strong experience in accounting for donor funds in a busy NGO environment
- Strong knowledge in accounting packages including (Quick Books, SAGE, etc)
- Strong knowledge of taxation and employment related legislation
- Strong computer knowledge in Microsoft office and other packages
- Five or more years’ experience in nonprofit/ donor management and accounting procedures and systems.
Method Of Application
Email applications should be addressed:
The Executive Director
Box 23, Nkhotakota
Closing Date: 26th August 2022,