Mulanje Mountain Conservation Trust (MMCT)
Mulanje Mountain Conservation Trust (MMCT) is an endowment-based not-for-profit Conservation Trust Fund established in 2000. It is mandated to provide long-term reliable support for the conservation of the endemic biodiversity and the sustainable use of the natural resources of the Mount Mulanje Biosphere Reserve (MMBR), a priority-one Key Biodiversity Area of global significance. MMCT works in partnership with government departments, community-based organisations (CBOs), international donors and most importantly, the surrounding communities that are dependent upon the Mountain’s resources. The Trust’s primary focus is a MMBR that is responsibly managed and equitably benefiting all
MMCT is seeking the services of an experienced, dynamic, professional financial and administrative officer to be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Trust’s assets and financial resources. The successful candidate should demonstrate a high degree of work autonomy and self-motivation, while also being able to work as a part of a professional team. The candidate is expected to have effective communication skills and an ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy when dealing with external stakeholders, service providers and contractors. Effective planning, problem-solving and organisational skills are also essential to this position.
FINANCIAL & ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annually financial reports and statements;
- Review and verify funds requests, receipts, invoices and payment vouchers to ensure their completeness and correct coding;
- Perform analytical reviews of the project ledger accounts and bank reconciliations, as per recognised accounting practices;
- Ensure and maintain an accurate up-to-date project fixed asset register;
- Ensure that financial information is processed in accordance with MMCT procedures and processes and provide management, the Finance &amp; Administration Committee and the Board of Governors with periodic and annual financial reports.
- Respond to administrative issues from staff and stakeholders and offer advice, as required;
- Observe and maintain staff confidentiality;
- Provide advice to management and support staff on relevant financial issues;
- Plan, organise and manage the Finance &amp; Administration workload to ensure that the monthly financial reporting process is achieved, in a timely and accurate manner;
- Ensure that financial information is completed in accordance with the Trust financial time period;
- Monitor budgets against expenditures;
- Perform financial calculations in support of financial transactions relating to programmes;
- Analyse basic financial information in response to queries from consultants, contractors, suppliers, etc.;
- Check accounting information recorded in the accounting system for accuracy;
- Prepare, calculate and maintain various budgets and ensure that they reflect relevant budget movements;
- Maintain a comprehensive file for all audits, to include proper background, briefing and working papers;
- Lead discussions of audit findings and recommendations with operational managers and other officers, as appropriate, to ensure their implementation in a timely, effective and realistic manner;
- To receive and review all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment;
- Verify calculations and input codes entered into the accounts system for accuracy;
- Prepare a variety of written agreements, memoranda, letters, and other documents that are both clear and precise;
- Organise logistics for the holding of Finance & Administration meetings, including the preparation of agendas and the recording of minutes for same;
- Supervise and provide oversight for both the Assistant Accountant and Administrative Secretary;
- Arrange for the procurement of assets and their entry into the fixed asset register, as well as recommending the disposal of assets to the Finance &amp; Administration Committee through the Executive Director.
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION
- A Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration & Management from a recognised university.
- Those with relevant professional certifications such as ACCA or CIMMA, will be advantaged.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- At least 5 years of accounting and administration experience that preferably includes the management of diverse donor-funded development projects;
- Demonstrable proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel & Sage Evolution Accounting package;
- Work experience in the NGO/Not-for-profit Sector would be a definite asset.
Method Of Application
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, indicating their motivation for applying for the position, as well as their suitability to discharge the duties and responsibilities highlighted above. This should be accompanied by a detailed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae that includes the names and addresses of three traceable referees.
MMCT is an equal opportunity employer and women are especially encouraged to apply for this post.
Applications are to be communicated to email@example.com to be received before 5pm, 8th September 2022.
To apply for this job please visit mountmulanje.org.mw t.