A career opportunity has arisen in our organization for the position of a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager tenable at the Head Office in Mulanje.
The position will work closely with Business Unit Heads to formulate and refine strategy, budgets, and financial projections for the business.
- Preparing and monitoring financial plans in liaison with Heads of Business Units. This includes preparation of the Strategic Plans, Annual Budgets, Monthly Variance Reports (Actuals against Plan), Reforecasts and Projections.
- Support decision-making by providing timely, detailed, and meaningful insights and visibility on business performance
- Developing financial models including sensitivity analysis as required by the business for strategic decision making
- Providing planning input on special projects and proposals.
- Performing ad-hoc analysis where required to assist in management decision making
- Ensuring appropriate costing is applied to crop inventory
- Accounting for crop inventory which includes responsibility for correct valuation of inventory and monitoring of inventory controls, periodic inventory counts, and inventory reconciliations.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Financial Management or any Finance discipline and full membership with ACCA, or CIMA or any similar body
- Post professional qualification experience of at least 5 years and 3 years’ experience in a similar senior level position
- Good knowledge of the International Accounting Standards (US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs)
- Advanced skills in financial modelling
- Proficiency with accounting systems such as SAP and excellent computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and other computer packages).
- Strong analytical and reporting skills (including dashboards)
- Strong organizational, planning, problem solving, analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Registered and paid-up membership to recognized professional bodies like ICAM.
The successful candidate must be of high integrity, reliable, a team player and able to work with minimum supervision to meet set deadlines.
The job offers a competitive pay and benefits package.
Method Of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names of at least three traceable referees to the address below, no later than Tuesday 31st October 2023
The Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 53
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be handled in confidence. Only shortlisted candidates shall be acknowledged.