The Malawi Epidemiology and Intervention Research Unit (MEIRU), operates in Karonga District and Lilongwe City. MEIRU is conducting research programme in partnership with the Malawi Ministry of Health, the Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS) and international partners.
The programme is developing capacity in non-communicable disease research (including mental health), health informatics, epidemiology and other areas.
MEIRU is seeking to recruit suitably qualified and talented persons to take up entry level position as Field Workers at its research site in Chilumba, Karonga. Due to the nature of work involved, these positions are open to candidates residing within Karonga.
MEIRU is an equal opportunity employer, therefore women are very much encouraged to apply.
- Interviewing and voluntary counselling of study participants.
- Perform community-based briefings, sensitization and feedback programmes.
- Record interview details, follow specific study protocols and maintain registers.
- Collect specimens and respond to data queries.
- Assist in the translation of data collection tools such as questionnaires and forms.
Qualification And Experience
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) with maximum aggregate of 26 points.
- Good oral and written communication in English and Tumbuka languages.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
Candidates With The Following Will Have An Added Advantage:
- Certificates and diplomas in relevant field from highly recognisable institution
- Previous work experience in similar or related position.
- Motor bike riding skills with or without licence.
Salary And Conditions Of Appointment
Salary will be on Grade G of our salary scale. The positions are subject to MEIRU terms and conditions of service.
Method of Application
Applications consisting of an application letter, copies of certificates and CV with contact details (names and phone numbers) of at least two traceable referees should be addressed to The Human Resources Manager, MEIRU, P.O. Box 46, Chilumba or hand deliver to MEIRU offices in Chilumba not later than Friday, 30 September 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.