World Food Programme (WFP)
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Position Title: Field Security Assistant
Type & Level of Contract: Service Contract, Level 5
Unit/Division: Resource Management/Malawi
Duty Station (City, Country): Lilongwe, Malawi
Report To: Head of Resource Management
Duration of Contract: 12 Months (Renewable)
Dates of Advertising: 10th May 2023 to 23rd May 2023
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This role will be based in WFP Malawi Country Office – Lilongwe. Job holder will report to the Head of Resource Management or the designate.
At this level, the job holder is expected to take responsibility for the completion of a range of security-related processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Should be able to recommend a course of action on a range of security issues, deal with staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other colleagues. This job may require working different shifts and report for duty on short notice.
To perform a range of specialised and process-oriented responsibilities related to security operations including monitoring and maintaining security equipment in line with established procedures.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES(not all-inclusive)
- Review and analyse security threats and risks and produce comprehensive reports on trends and situations that could adversely impact WFP operations, to ensure information is accurately collated for senior staff review and supports reporting needs and decision-making.
- Analyse a variety of security related information (e.g., security incidents and events, security support to daily activities etc.) and use corporate or local management tools to produce a range of complex analyses and in-depth reports, to ensure that information is readily available and communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- Closely liaise with the Malawi UNDSS in Lilongwe, Blantyre and other locations to ensure effective coordination amongst WFP operations.
- Oversee and co-ordinate staff activities during field missions and ensure that security assessments are performed as per WFP standards to support safe and effective programme delivery.
- Provide advice and technical expertise on security risk management matters and safety issues in compliance within United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
- Oversee the implementation of risk management mitigation measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) and develop measures to improve compliance for international and national staff.
- Oversee the maintenance and management of security equipment and strengthen technology capacity in line with business needs.
- Design, plan and deliver security training to staff and meet training requirements in response to staff feedback and business needs
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK: COMMON STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOUR
|Leads by Example with Integrity||Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments||Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork||Applies Strategic Thinking||Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships|
|Demonstrates the WFP values, principles and standards||Is accountable for the delivery of results||Promotes teamwork by sharing ideas and openly raising issues||Embraces WFP’s vision and how it impacts their role||Acts professionally with external partners|
|Values diversity using respectful and inclusive language||Seeks guidance and support where needed||Gives timely and constructive feedback to others||Shows curiosity and implements new ways of doing things when relevant||Works together with partners to deliver common goals|
|Stays focused and calm when under pressure||Adapts readily to change adjusting work as needed||Listens attentively to others and shares views||Gathers data and shares knowledge to inform team activities|
|Shows humility and a willingness to learn and share knowledge, seeking and acting on feedback, and taking up opportunities to develop||Asks questions to understand the impact of decisions for their objectives|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education with a post-secondary certificate/training in Military, Police or related law enforcement functional area.
Language: Fluency (level C) both in written and oral in English language. Fluency a/o understanding of local languages.
Experience: At-least 5 years work experience in security related field
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has applied knowledge of security operations technical processes which must be adhered to in day-to-day work
- Has supported security operations efforts as directed
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc technical guidance to staff members
- Has experience in usage of computers and productivity software i.e., Microsoft Office Suite applications
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for application: 23rd May 2023
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.