Rays of Hope Ministries
(Temporary – 3 months)
The Field Officer will be reporting to the Programs Coordinator for a program funded by the Elimination of Child Labour in Tobacco Growing Communities ECLT Foundation being implemented in Mchinji and Ntchisi. He/she will be responsible for the day-to-day micro leadership and management of program to have smooth project implementation in line with Rays of Hope policies and donor requirements in the designated program impact area.
Key Areas of Accountability
1. In collaboration with the project coordinator, organize and facilitate in-service training of teachers.
2. Strengthen teacher capacity through trainings, review meetings and mentoring through the Teacher Network Model.
3. Conceptualize and coordinate Open Days paying attention to pre-open day event preparations such as communication, organization, etc.
4. Coordinate the Learner Trucking Training involving the community with deliberate emphasis on Mother Groups and teacher aides as a tool to enforce accountability and transparency.
5. Maintain excellent working relationship with teachers, head teachers, Primary Education Advisors and other community level stakeholders.
6. Provide monthly, quarterly and annual narrative reports to the Program Coordinator.
7. Collect adequate and relevant data at the time of implementation to inform the MEAL and the Program Coordinator.
8. In collaboration with Primary Education Advisors, conduct routine supervision visits to the project impact area.
9. Establish after-school Reading and Numeracy Clubs, supported by communities and club facilitators.
10. Train after-school Reading and Numeracy Club facilitators on facilitation techniques and strategies to promote parent engagement.
11. Conduct monitoring and mentorship visits to support teachers in improving the delivery of reading and numeracy lessons in schools.
12. Establish community/school-led feeding committees to manage home grown school feeding programs.
The Field Officer shall have no supervisory responsibility.
· Applicants should have a degree level qualification in education with experience in implementation and /or coordination of numeracy and literacy education programs.
Other Essential Attributes
· At least three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in the field of Education; specifically, teaching in public primary schools.
· Skills in community mobilization, especially involvement of parents in supporting learning for their children, capacity building and group facilitation.
· Experience working with Nongovernmental organizations and government officials essential will be an added advantage.
· Willing and committed to work in challenging conditions especially hardest to reach areas.
· Good personal and organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
· Excellent communication (written and oral communication) and interpersonal skills
· Ability and flexibility to work with a team.
· Motorcycle license is a must.
Method of Application
Through Email, interested persons meeting the above specifications should submit applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae as one document, naming three traceable referees to addressing:
The Human Resource and Administration Officer
Rays of Hope Ministries,
P.O. Box E365, Post Dot Net,
Visit www.raysofhopemalawi.org/careers to apply
Please, send your emails with a subject line that corresponds to the specific position you are applying for, e.g., Operations Coordinator.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 13th January 2023. Rays of Hope Ministries is an equal opportunity employer. Due to anticipated large volumes of applications, only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Qualified and experienced women are hugely encouraged to apply.
Take note that Rays of Hope Ministries is an Organization that is child friendly and as such we take issues of child safe guarding seriously.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org