Catholic Diocese of Mzuzu
The Catholic Diocese of Mzuzu has three main focus areas: a) Pastoral Care; b) Human and Social Development and c) Institutional Development. Under the Human and Social
Development focus area, the main strategic goal is: “To promote sustainable socioeconomic development among individuals, families and communities in the Diocese of Mzuzu.” Under this focus area two of its strategic objectives are “To improve Sustainable Livelihoods in the Diocese” and “To improve access to and quality of education at all levels in the Diocese.”
It is for this reason that the Catholic Diocese of Mzuzu is calling for applications to fill the vacant positions under CADECOM department and Education Department as follows:
- Plan and implement education activities: need analysis, focus group discussions, and any other out-reach and field activities.
- Have a clear idea about education activities that other institutions working in the same area are carrying out.
- Work with staff (Outreach team, Education team) individually to create learning plans (monthly and weekly).
- Communicate emerging educational issues to the Project Officer and Education Coordinator on an ongoing basis, and submit regular monitoring report summarizing the updates in the centers, schools and field levels.
- Identify children requiring case management and ensure safe referral to case management agencies or service providers.
- Documenting and archiving all the documents needed, responsible of maintaining the archiving system up to date (both in hardcopies and electronically).
- Visiting the schools regularly and coordinating with the other staffs to make a smooth scope of work.
Identifying local interest and up to date needs, in addition to how to meet them.
- Report weekly & monthly on activities and results to Education Coordinator.
- Identify and attend meetings, conferences, and trainings which relate to job description and promote professional development.
Perform any other task assigned by Mzuzu Diocese management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Child Development, Child Protection or a related field.
- 2 years of work experience in community development and mobilization required.
- Computer skills required, including experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Work experience in the field of Education.
- Prior teaching experience.
- Familiarity with child safeguarding approaches.
- Experience using virtual platforms such as MS Teams or Zoom for workshops and trainings
- Experience in monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
Method of Application
If you consider yourself as a suitable candidate for any of the above post and meeting the given attributes, submit your application as follows:
- Contents of the application: Application letter (maximum of 1 page); a stamped supporting letter from your Church leadership/minister; Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates.
- Original certificates will be required during the interview.
Please send your application to:
THE DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
The Catholic Diocese of Mzuzu
P.O. Box 2
Or Hand delivered to Jobidon House (Bishop’s Offices) Behind Mchenga Utuwa Filling Station