With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Purpose of the Position:
To mobilize communities and set up food /cash distribution according to World Vision and Donor standards and procedures and provide end user monitoring and accurate documentation on all commodity distributions.
1.Food Management and distribution
- Liaise with communities on distribution planning
- Distribute all the food / cash entrusted to World Vision to registered beneficiaries
- Conduct the distribution of food/cash to the registered beneficiaries through LMMS
- Liaise with communities and other stakeholder to ensure cash distribution is running smoothly
- Prepare Distribution Centre Visit Reports after every distribution.
2. Project Reporting
- Ensure timely and accurate reports which reflect the true picture of the food assistance projects in the community are prepared and submitted to District Coordinator
- Ensure all community project reports – Weekly, monthly, quarterly and EoP are submitted in time
- Prepare monthly and quarterly narrative reports as per the agreed scheduled with SOs and Donor.
- Ensure that all forms and records are completed and updated periodically as required by GFD
- Proper accounting of all quantities of food /cash received and distributed at each centre.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
4. Coordination and networking
- Organize community meeting to discuss project implementation as well as challenges, success and solution.
- In charge of all project sectors in the community that support food programming i.e. Community monitoring Gender, Protection, and Nutrition & Livelihood.
- Consolidate feedback and action points from different sectors for WV management response and action.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- This position requires a mature candidate, a self-starter, with dedication and ability to work with less or no supervision. Must demonstrate willingness to learn and work with others as a team.
- Possess a Diploma in Development Studies, Rural and Community Development or related field
- Candidates should also have at least 1 -2 years’ previous experience in a related field.
- Ability to perform field assignments and willingness to travel for long period of time in difficult terrain, harsh and demanding conditions. Candidates should also be willing to live and work in very difficult and security-risk areas
- Good command of oral and written English. Computer literacy is an added advantage.
- A mature Christian who shows a desire to serve humanity and to strengthen his/her relationship with the Lord.
- Must have a motor cycle riding license
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.