VisionFund Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant post of FAST PRODUCT MANAGER tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe.
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
In the bid to complement financial inclusion in the country, VisionFund Malawi (VFM) links
mature Savings Groups to access FAST loan product in order to accelerate household impact. The incumbent will manage VFM FAST Loan product in liaison Operations and implements, established policies, procedures, and internal controls for the product portfolio and operating accounts. He or she will directly work with FAST product staff on budgeting and meeting client targets across the branch network. The FAST Product Manager will also be the principal contact for all FAST project activities working hand in hand with the Head of Business and Innovation at VisionFund Malawi, including recruitment and management FAST product partners.
- Regularly coordinate with Operations, Internal Audit, Risk and People and Culture to
ensure alignment of goals and continuous improvement of FAST processes, policies &
- Review and control the overall cost of FAST product in terms of cost of funds,
administrative costs as well as becoming productive through quality growth on regular
basis and will be responsible for profitability of the FAST loan product within agreed upon time lines.
- Monitor individual branch performance through their KPIs (client base Portfolio Volume increase and Portfolio quality management) and direct client interaction, review of information with branch managers & provide guidelines for achieving FAST goals.
- Build & maintain a culture aligned with VFM’s values with highest level of transparency, integrity and strong ethical base.
- Develop marketing strategies and tools with Marketing -Business Development Manager to grow FAST product.
- Develop and conduct regular trainings of FAST staff and identify training & development needs of the team & ensure ongoing capability development;
- Establish a KYC (know your staff) process and hold regular meetings with FAST branch
teams to ensure high performance and retention.
- Responsible for controlling & maintaining Portfolio at Risk (PAR), number of clients &
develop remedies in liaison to address the gaps with Chief Operating Officer across the
FAST branch network.
- Oversee audit for all FAST related issues for branches and work on resolution of given
discrepancies with operations team.
- Work extensively on Public Relations of FAST product to support for liability generation, creating goodwill and improving the VFM’s image leading to business generation.
- Continuously review customer care and service standards across the branches and
monitor exit client ratios and ensure that high standards of client retention and
satisfaction across the FAST branches.
- Support the Business Development Manager on FAST proposal developments and project reporting on FAST loan product including other activities required for FAST resource mobilizations.
- Management of Loans and deposit portfolio in terms of volume and customer base
generated by FAST customers per agreed and approved targets.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of BSc. in Business, Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, and/or related fields with numerate coursework.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in credit loan analysis, credit approval authority is required Strong background in community mobilizations and working with Village Savings and Loans Groups both at strategic level and hands-on in the field.
- Very strong hands-on experience in microfinance credit operations including Loan
approvals and monitoring performance of Branches and management of other services
provided by an MFI Strong analytical skill, e.g. read and interpret financial statements;
evaluate loan recommendations and approvals Excellent computer literacy and
experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and creating databases
- Experience with a Microfinance banking softwaree iei.e.; T24 MCB, will be added
- Knowledge and Experience on digital monitoring using Powerbi and Digital Field
Applications will be added advantage.
- Project management and grant management skills desired but not a must
- Strong written and oral and interpersonal communication skills Committed Christian.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications together with their detailed Curriculum Vitae, three traceable referees and copies of certificates to:
The People, Culture and Administration Manager,
Private Bag A232,
Closing date for receiving applications is 11th November, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
VisionFund Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application,
training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to VisionFund Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Lines: 0884621623
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com