Mpingu Poultry Line Cooperative
POSITION: FARM MANAGER (1 post – Lilongwe)
The Mpingu Poultry Line Cooperative is a strategic business unit established to provide high quality chickens and eggs to its valued clients. The Cooperative is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Poultry Farm Manager. The position is a tenable for a duration of four months’ subject to renewal thereafter following satisfactory performance.
We are searching for a Farm Manager with good business sense to join our team. The farm manager’s responsibilities include monitoring staff, and livestock, purchasing supplies, preparing budgets and reports, and ensuring maximum profit is realized. The ideal candidate should be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science.
The successful Farm Manager will be reporting to the Cooperative Chairperson and will have to be detail-oriented whilst keeping the bigger picture in mind. We seek an outstanding candidate who will also be a keen problem solver and who will be focused on efficiency as they take a hands-on approach to management.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Spearheading operations, monitoring livestock, staff, and financial documents and analyzing them in order to make sound decisions. Whenever needed, recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules and ensuring all staff understand the expectations.
- Visiting the poultry cages to inspect livestock and ensure appropriate amounts of feed and water are available at all times.
- Ensuring feeds, vaccines, and other supplies are regularly restocked, and maintaining desirable stock levels at all times.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of all equipment and machinery in a timely manner.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm.
- Ensuring all farm staff adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new farm staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Diploma in Agriculture, Animal Science, or equivalent.
- Additional courses in Business Management or Administration will be an added advantage.
- Management experience in poultry farming would be a plus.
- Must possess a demonstrable passion for agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated with the capacity to work both independently as well as with minimum supervision.
- Ability to make decisions in stressful environments. Must also be cooperative, flexible and dependable.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- High integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
REQUIRED CONDUCT AND ATTRIBUTES
- Candidate should be willing to relocate to or already residing in Mpingu.
- Demonstrating responsiveness when carrying out duties.
- Maintaining high standard of work and ensuring the safety of all farm equipment.
- Ensuring cleanliness and orderliness of farm premises at all times.
- Demonstrating punctuality and sober behavior at all times.
- Demonstrating respect for all clientele and fellow members of staff at all times.
- Have a good understanding of the poultry farming business and trends.
- Be familiar with animal health codes, laws, and any other relevant regulations etc. and must have a strong sense of personal ethics.
The Cooperative offers attractive remuneration to the successful candidate commensurate with qualifications and technical skills of the successful candidate.
Method Of Application
Application letter, CV complete with three referees and copies of certificates in a clearly marked envelope should be delivered to Mpingu Poultry Line Cooperative through the Chairperson, Mpingu Poultry Line Cooperative at the email address below not later than 24th May, 2023:
If you do not hear from us within three weeks of your application, please consider your application for this particular vacancy unsuccessful.
Mpingu Poultry Line Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com