Chemonics International Inc.
Chemonics International Inc., a U.S.-based international development consulting firm, seeks a Family Community and Education Specialist for the USAID Next Generation Early Grade Reading Activity (NextGen) in Malawi. The $75 million activity aims to solidify and build on the contributions made to date as part of the implementation of Malawi’s National Reading Program (NRP) towards improving the delivery of high-quality early primary reading instruction in all Malawian primary schools. We are seeking an individual who has a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
• Facilitate regular meetings with community leaders, parents, and stakeholders to identify educational needs and challenges.
• Develop and implement community engagement strategies to promote active participation in educational programs.
• Collaborate with local schools and educational institutions to assess curriculum effectiveness and recommend improvements.
• Organize workshops, training sessions, and seminars to enhance teaching methodologies and student learning experiences.
• Monitor the implementation of educational programs and provide necessary support to teachers and students.
• Conduct outreach programs to raise awareness about the importance of family involvement in education.
• Provide counselling and support services to families, addressing challenges that hinder children’s educational progress.
• Collaborate with local organizations to offer vocational training and skill development programs for parents and caregivers.
• Collect relevant data on educational outcomes, community engagement, and family support initiatives.
• Analyse data to identify trends, challenges, and opportunities for program improvement.
• Prepare reports and presentations to share findings with stakeholders and funding Advocate for policy changes and resource allocation to improve the quality of education and community support services.
• Establish and maintain partnerships with government agencies, NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders to leverage resources and support.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in education, Social Work, Community Development, or a related field.
• Minimum of 6 of relevant work experience in community engagement, education, or social services.
• Strong understanding of the Malawi education system and socio-economic challenges faced by families.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and networking skills.
• Proficiency in local languages and English.
Method Of Application
To apply for any of the below positions, please submit a CV and application through this link Please submit your application as soon as possible, as candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. This application will close on Friday, November 15th, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit app.smartsheet.com.