Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. EGPAF currently supports national, district, and local governments, facilities, communities, and non-governmental partners. In 2020, EGPAF’s global footprint spans 15 countries. To date, EGPAF has supported over 15,000 sites to offer HIV counselling, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment services alongside high-quality family health care. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
EGPAF has worked in Malawi since 2001. Today, EGPAF Malawi implements evidence-based HIV prevention, care and treatment interventions in 177 health facilities in nine districts through EGPAF’s U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief/U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (PEPFAR/CDC) – funded Achieving HIV Epidemic Control through Scaling Up Quality Testing, Care and Treatment in Malawi.
EGPAF seeks to fill the following open position.
Title : Facility Based Data Officer (FBDO)
Reporting to : SI&E Mentor
Location : Blantyre
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Facility Based Data Officer (FBDO) is a skilled and self-motivated individual who under the direct supervision and guidance of SI&E Mentor and in close coordination with health facility team will ensure proper documentation, data collection, data quality, reporting and usage at health facility level. S/he knows and is involved in all facility level data related activities
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
Proper Documentation, Data Collection, Data Quality and Reporting
- Ensure usage of latest, standard and approved M&E tools for data recording and reporting at the facility.
- Support facility to ensure completeness and accuracy of the data for HIV care and treatment services.
- Conduct back data entry for eMastercard and update other facility based electronic or paper-based data collection or reporting systems
- Facilitate all reporting requirements (weekly, monthly, quarterly) for the assigned health facilities for all program areas and DSD interventions working closely with facility/EGPAF clinical staff
- Capture data timely and accurately into designated databases including Power Apps for assigned facility
- Ensure data quality in all registers, electronic data and reporting forms
- In collaboration with SI&E Mentor and District Clinical Mentor support health facility team to prepare for DHA/MOH quarterly HIV/TB Supportive Supervision, PEPFAR quarterly data disaggregation, PEPFAR SIMS visits, or any scheduled data collection exercise.
- Maintain confidentiality of information collected
- Performing quality checks on collected data and keyed data
- Respond to queries regarding data as requested by relevant country office staff
- Maintain inventory of facility level staff and report as needed for HRH Current
Data Use for Performance Management and Program Improvement
- Ensure EGPAF facility staff and District Clinical Mentor have access to timely data for program improvements and decision-making.
- With support from the SI&E Mentor, analyzes facility data to support EGPAF and MOH facility technical teams.
- Participate in facility monthly data review/QI meetings and ensure action planning and execution
- Monitor usage of tools developed for pilot interventions.
- Reinforce usage of data at the health facility
Capacity Building and Team Management
- Ensuring all health workers at the facility have adequate knowledge and skills to use the M&E tools.
- Provide mentorship on SI&E skills to health workers.
- Monitor the implementation of SI&E Action Plans in the assigned health facility
- Identify capacity gaps in health workers and recommend for mentorship/training.
- Coordinate closely with EGPAF colleagues in the clinics/ districts and liaises with DHIS officers.
- Build good relationship with personnel in the assigned health facility
- Carry out any additional duties within reason as identified by supervisor (SI&E Mentor)
To be successful, you will need to have:
- At least MSCE and certificate in computer related courses with 1-2 year’s work experience in research data abstraction, data collection and computer data entry
- Advanced diploma in Statistics, Public Health, Information Technology and other data management related discipline or a degree in the above areas would be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy and typing exposure will be an added advantage
- Willingness to travel from one health facility to another within Blantyre district
Bonus Points if you:
- Proven experience in research, especially in public health related research is added advantage
- Previous experience in data collection and data entry
- Professional and respectful
- Ability to build rapport and customer care
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Good numeracy skills
- Fluency in English and Chichewa
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: Black, indigenous, people of color, and other members of historically underrepresented communities.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested qualified candidates should send their expressions of interest, enclosing copies of their certificates and a detailed current Curriculum.
To apply log onto EGPAF webpage: https://www.pedaids.org/about/careers
Closing Date: 15th February, 2024
To apply for this job please visit phe.tbe.taleo.net.