* Assess the long-term viability and performance potential of the DCCT to ensure its legal status and structure is adequate to sustainably meet the Trust’s goals and objectives, particularly at an international donor standard that would attract additional funding and financial investment;
* Review DCCT documents that established the trust as a legal entity in Malawi, to understand whether this status is sufficient/deficient to ensure long-term viability; and if deficient, what corrective action is required;
* Conduct a DCCT operational and capacity needs assessment to identify key areas and the level of effort needed to sufficiently strengthen the DCCT’s governance, operational, and human resources systems/structures to ensure long-term success and financial sustainability;
* Develop and support the implementation of a DCCT institutional strengthening and capacity development plan; and
* Develop and support the implementation of a DCCT funding/financing strategy.
* Master’s degree (Ph.D. preferred) in Environmental Law/Science, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related field;
* At least 15 years’ experience, including experience working with Environmental/Conservation Trusts in an African context, preferably East/Southern Africa;
* Experience in institutional assessments and performance evaluation, including developing institutional strengthening plans and organizational funding strategies;
* Demonstrated leadership, facilitation and coordination skills, with the ability to support teams to develop and foster long-term strategic goals; and
* Excellent English oral and written communications skills.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tetratechintdev.com.