Central Region Water Board
Central Region Water Board is a statutory corporation legally mandated by the Waterworks Act No. 17 of 1995 to provide water and sanitation services in all towns and market centres in the central region except Lilongwe City.
Vacancy has arisen which the Board would like to fill immediately. Job and person specifications for the position are as follows:
ELECTRO-MECHANICAL ENGINEER (EME) CRWB 4 (NON-ESTABLISHED)
Plan, design, review, supervise, install and maintain electromechanical installations and other related infrastructure to ensure compliance to standards, effective and efficient delivery of water supply services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize, design and install electro-mechanical equipment for the Central Region Water Board.
- Participate with civil engineering section and other departments in design and construction of water supply projects and advise suitable solutions to efficient and robust electro-mechanical equipment.
- Undertake, review and / or supervise the preparation of construction estimates, schedules and budgets as required.
- Prepare and review reports and design documentation for mechanical/piping (electric control panels, pumps, pipelines, suction and discharge pipes, flow, level & pressure control equipment, pressure vessel, valves, reservoirs, transformers, gauges) works related to water supply according to standards and regulations for works being carried out by both local and international contractors and/ or consultants.
- Undertake technical reviews of drawings, product data, material samples, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals, contractors’ shop drawings and technical data to assure compliance with the requirements of contract packages.
- Ensure quality control for on-site equipment. Control of procedures applied for the storage and warehousing of the electromechanical systems.
- Oversee both site and off-site testing of electromechanical equipment to ensure that they comply to design specifications.
- Review contractors’ works schedules related to electromechanical installations to ensure that Quality Assurance (QA) procedures, safety and compliance to acceptable standards by manufacturers and other acclaimed international standards are followed without exceptions.
- Supervise works acceptance testing for all electro-mechanical equipment and assist in the issuance of works acceptance certificates.
- Undertake technical review of the User and Maintenance Manuals provided by contractors.
- Assess performance of all electro-mechanical equipment (pumps, gensets, electrical panels, solar panels, protections, controls, etc.) and provide solutions for improvement to ensure efficiency of operations.
- Design and implement remote monitoring and operational tools for all electro-mechanical works.
- Assist the Operations Section in the development of preventive maintenance schedules for all electro-mechanical equipment.
- Prepare projects progress and completion reports relating to all electromechanical installations.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by Management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electro-mechanical /Mechanical/ Electrical or its equivalent.
- At least Ten (10) years’ experience related to planning, design, installation and maintenance of electro-mechanical works for large installations.
- Member of the Malawian Engineering Institution
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project. Knowledge of Computer-Aided Design software is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner.
Method Of Application
If you feel you fully qualify for the position, as per above specifications, please submit your curriculum vitae containing details of three (3) traceable referees and a covering application letter in sealed envelope clearly marked the position you are applying for
The submissions of the vacancy applied for, should be made not later than 10th November, 2023 to the:
The Chief Executive Officer
Central Region Water Board
Private Bag 59