JTI (Japan Tobacco International)
Title: EHS Specialist
But our business isn’t just business. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe when they’re free to be themselves, grow, travel and develop,amazing things can happen for our business.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It’s why 9 out of 10 would recommend us to a friend. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, six years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
What This Position Is About – Purpose
The position is responsible for implementing best practices in environmental and occupational health management systems, procedures, programs and processes to ensure compliance with applicable international (ISO), local regulatory and company requirements, and eliminating or minimising environmental and occupational health risks within JTILM operations.
What Will You Do – Responsibilities
- Support the Implementation of the EHS management system (ISO 45001and 14001) including internal control systems, programmes and procedures to achieve the EHS policy objectives.
- Monitor EHS programs and controls to mitigate Environment, Occupation Health and Safety risks associated with the operations.
- Coordinate the planning, purchasing and distribution of Personal Protective Equipment and other safety needs.
- Ensures all employees and contractors in the assigned area fully understand safety procedures.
- Facilitating Environmental monitoring and occupational health programs.
Who Are We Looking For – Requirements:
- Education: University Degree in Natural or Environmental Sciences Engineering or equivalent professional qualifications.
- Sound understanding of risk management principles and their application to business
- Good knowledge of environment, occupational health & safety law and legal processes
- Detailed knowledge of all functions of the company’s operations
- Competent in computer skills (MS Office, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective communication skills to influence personnel at all levels of the Company
- Fluent in oral and written English & Chichewa
What Are The Next Steps – The Recruitment Process:
Thank you very much for your interest in the role. You are welcome to apply.
We will make sure every candidate will receive a reply within 2-3 weeks after the application deadline.
Should you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Paul Kafakoma – Recruiter (Paul.Kafakoma2@jti.com)
To apply for this job email your details to Paul.Kafakoma2@jti.com