Ministry of Education
Improving Secondary Education in Malawi (ISEM II) programme is EDF11-funded programme whose overall objective isto provide young people with more equitable opportunities for completing good quality secondary education and development skills. More specifically, the project addresses areas of equitable access, quality and relevance and governance and management of secondary education.
ISEM II programme intends to recruit a Finance Officer and two (2) drivers to support ISEM II Programme Estimate activities in Lilongwe and across Central East, Central West, Northern, South East, South West and Shire Highlands Education Divisions. The postswill be based at the ISEM II TA Project, Ministry of Education, Lilongwe and successful candidates will be offered contracts for 12 months.
To provide transport services for activities funded by the ISEM II Programme Estimate, to include members of the ISEM II TA-team and Ministry of Education personnel undertaking ISEM II activities and assigned field missions, within Malawi in a safe manner, strictly adhering to road traffic rules.
Roles and responsibilities
- Carry out daily maintenance checks on ISEM II TA vehicles. Ensure the assigned vehicle is roadworthy before starting on its journey, including tyres, brakes, water levels, petrol, oil and lubricants as well as spare tyre, jack, car washing, etc. Ensure the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Drive authorised passengers to meetings and functions in and around Lilongwe and on official field missions outside Lilongwe
- Provide logisticsand administrative support to ISEM II TA
- Maintain accurately records for assigned vehicle, logs official trips, records daily mileage and records the use of fuel voucher
- Ensure passengers wear their seat belts to ensure passenger safety
- Inform ISEM-TA responsible personnel so that vehicles are serviced regularly at the stated mileage and ensure all details are documented in the Logbook
- Make collection and deliveries of project mail, packages, materials and equipment
- Ensue any mechanical fault is reported to the ISEM II TA Administrative Officer
- Maintain a high level of confidentially and discreteness in discussions involving passengers
- Ensure the safety and security of vehicle in your care, including tools
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, certificate of fitness, vehicle registration, vehicle logbook, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle
- Any other duties as assigned by the ISEM II TA Team Leader
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
- Valid class C1 Drivers Licence
- Certified professional driving training (preferred) with valid defensive driving certificate
- Strong communication skills both spoken and written English
- Mechanical technical awareness and skills (preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of major cities and roads in Malawi
- Five years’ experience in professional driving
- Previous experience of working within a multi-national team or project environment is highly desirable
A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, based on the EU approved salary grid, will be offered to successful candidates.
Method of Application
Written applications, comprising a cover letter and full CV, copies of certificates plus names of three referees, including their telephone and email contacts should be sent to:
The Imprest Accounting Officer
Improving Secondary Education in Malawi (ISEM II) Programme
Ministry of Education (MoE)
Private Bag 328
Sealed envelopes of applications should be delivered by hand to MervisChima in Room No. 52, Ministry of Education, Capital Hill, Lilongwe.
Alternatively, applications may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that applications clearly indicate which position you are applying for and your current contact telephone numbers and email addresses.2022 should consider their applications to have been unsuccessful and will receive no further communication from the ISEM II Programme.