The Technical, Entrepreneurial and Vocational Education and Training Authority (TEVETA) is a regulatory body that was established in 1999 by an Act of Parliament with the mandate to coordinate and facilitate technical, entrepreneurial and vocational education and training in
Malawi. Apart from the Secretariat in Lilongwe, the Authority has three regional service centres in Mzuzu, Lilongwe and Blantyre.
Employment opportunities have now risen within the Authority for various positions for which the Authority invites applications from qualified candidates.
Driver shall be responsible for providing safe, reliable, and professional transportation services to the Executive Director and staff.
3.1 KEY DUTIES
a) Safe Transportation:
- Safely operate and drive company or personal vehicles.
- Adhere to all traffic laws, regulations, and safety standards.
- Exercise defensive driving techniques to ensure the safety of passengers.
b) Route Planning
- Plan and determine the most efficient and timely routes to destinations.
- Stay updated on traffic conditions and alternative routes.
c) Vehicle Maintenance
- Perform routine vehicle inspections to ensure they are in good working order.
- Keep the vehicle clean and well-maintained, both inside and outside.
- Report any mechanical issues or maintenance needs promptly.
d) Client Relations
- Maintain a professional and courteous attitude at all times.
- Ensure the confidentiality and privacy of clients’ information and conversations.
- Provide a high level of customer service and adapt to specific client preferences.
e) Schedule Management
- Follow a predetermined schedule, ensuring punctuality for appointments, meetings, and other engagements.
- Be flexible in accommodating changes to the schedule when necessary.
f) Record Keeping
- Maintain log books for each trip on daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes and greasing.
- Generate fuel analysis reports
Reporting to the Head Driver and shall work directly with the Executive Director.
3.3 PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Must have a calm and steady manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be resilient and able to work under pressure
3.4 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The candidate must possess a Minimum of Malawi School Certificate of Education.
- The candidate must possess a clean and valid Driving Licence (class C or D1) with a minimum four years’ experience in similar role.
- Valid Defensive Driving Certificate.
- Knowledge of automobile mechanics is an added advantage.
Method Of Application
Interested persons meeting the specifications of any of the above positions should submit written applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, naming 3 traceable referees to:
The Executive Director
TEVETA is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for receiving applications is Monday, 20th November 2023 Due to anticipated large volumes of applications, only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.