Office Of the Ombudsman
The Office of the Ombudsman is a public body established under the Republic of Malawi Constitution. Section 123 of the Constitution accords the Office of the Ombudsman the mandate to investigate any and all cases where it is alleged that a person or a group of persons have suffered an injustice and there appears to be no any remedy reasonably available by way of appeal from court or where there is no other practicable remedy.
The Office of the Ombudsman is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title : Driver
Grade : OMB11
Responsible to : Head Driver (OMB12)
Duty Station : Office of the Ombudsman -Headquarters
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving vehicles on official errands;
- Maintaining log books for each trip, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes and greasing;
- Reporting vehicle breakdowns or accidents following the laid down steps;
- Maintaining schedules of Road Tax, COF and Insurance for vehicles and informing supervisor when renewal is due;
- Carrying routine and day to day care and minor maintenance of official vehicles;
- Performing minor vehicle maintenance and ensuring proper care of the vehicle assigned; and
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must in possession of Malawi School Certificate of Education plus driving license with not less than four 4 years working experience as a driver.
• Defensive Driving and Chauffer Training Certificates will be an added advantage.
Be of high integrity
• Be Polite and pleasant
• Have excellent knowledge on defensive driving
Have knowledge in Highway Code
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times
Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and public holidays
Have excellent organizational and time management skills
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should submit applications attaching a Curriculum Vitae, including
three traceable referees and copies of certificates, to reach the undersigned not later
than Friday, 13th August, 2022.
Office of the Ombudsman
St. Martin’s House
Private Bag 348
The applications should be emailed to email@example.com
PLEASE INDICATE ON THE ENVELOPE THE POSITION BEING APPLIED FORONLY SHORTLISTED
APPLICANTS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED.
“THE OFFICE OF THE OMBUDSMAN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org